Forum Suddenly Switched How Named Are Displayed?

Kaodi

Hero
What just happened? All of a sudden user names are displayed at the top of posts rather than to the side. I do not know if this was intentional, but I cannot say that it looks particularly good to me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nope. It seems to be universal. Morrus was probably playing with a configuration, or something.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
My first thought is that it makes posts - at least the longer ones - harder to read. The unbroken horizontal lines (on this desktop screen) were more than long enough before, now they are longer.

Yeah, if this is user configurable, please let us know how to change the configuration. Threads are more readable if the text isn't broken up by address bars -- keep the poster information off to one side, please.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm really liking the change. I read the forums on my second screen, a portrait-orientation monitor. The text is always squished in the middle, losing a large stip on both sides. With the new change the text gained back all the space on the left hand side of the screen and probably 60% wider. If there was just a way to have it extend all the way to the right side, even if only under the Latest News and Advertisements sections.

Another wish would be for those that don't have signature footers not to waste for the two horizontal bars the enclose it, and I'm not sure at all why there's a space under the bottom bar on everyone's posts.

Remove ads