D&D 5E Found DNDNext pdfs on my Google Drive. Wonder if I should keep?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Found a bunch of DND Next pdfs on my Google Drive. They are from 2013. I'm a little bit short of space in my free G Drive; but my real criteria if I should keep - how available are these documents out in the wild?

1. half dozen pre-gen characters. Won't use them ever.

2. There are 4 adventures -
Caves of Chaos
Isle of Dread
Return to Blingenstone
Mud Sorcerer's Tomb

3. "Conversion Notes" docs, which are potentially interesting. Gives notes on how to convert Against The Chaos Cult and Storm over Neverwinter adventures from 4e to 5e/DND Next. Has some interesting text like... "General Note on Perception: Whenever a Perception check is called for, a D&D Next character makes an Intelligence check if searching for something secret, or a Wisdom check if spotting or noticing a hidden creature."

4. A dozen or so rulesy docs. Probably won't ever read those either...

So - Just wonder if I should keep or not... Thoughts?
1590118800089.png

oreofox

Explorer
They are hard to find, and impossible to acquire "legally", as in you had to agree to not share these with anyone else, and if you used them for home game testing you were to keep them yourself. You can still get them, but the methods are the shady kind.

So I would keep them. I've kept all mine. Some of the things from the playtest, IMO, are better than what we got in the PHB.

darjr

I crit!
There was an agreement. And yea it was a click through one so I don’t know if it’s enforceable. But on honor alone you can keep them, I don’t remember exactly but the agreement did say you get to keep them.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
If you have the habit of homebrewing, you may as well keep it, there was a lot of good ideas in the playtest that werent kept for some reasons.

• The sorcerer was awesome (for the 5 level we had)
  • Fighters, rogues, and monks were all, at some point, maneuver based. The 4e element monk was awesome, way more than what was released.
  • Specialties were ''backgrounds'' that gave some feats at specific levels
  • Feats were more in line with 3e and 4e, way smaller, I can appreciate it, but its not for everyone.

Remove ads