• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FR: Church of Sûne - Headquarter

Gulla

Adventurer
FR: Church of Sûne - Headquarter

Now I've been searching both my books and online, but apart from the fact that some give "Heart Warden" as the title of the head priest(ess) of Sûne I find no reference to where the headquarter of the church is located.

I know that a chaotic church like the Sûne church probably have a very loose organization, but since there is a head priest(ess) ther should be a headquarter as well.

Can anyone tell me where it is and/or point me to where to find the information?

Håkon

TheVoiceOfReason

First Post
Like you said, being a Chaotic organization it'll be loosely organized and may not have a single HQ. If there isn't one written up anywhere you can, of course, write one up yourself.

NiTessine

Explorer
Heartwarder is not a head priestess in the hierarchical sense, just the prestige class for Sunite clerics, found in Faiths and Pantheons and based on the specialty priest class from Faiths & Avatars.

Sunite clergy doesn't have a single headquarters, though Faiths & Avatars names the Temple of Beauty in Waterdeep as the most important temple of the faith. Other remarkable places of worship are the House of Firehair in Daerlun and the sacred parks in Everlund and Neverwinter. I believe they also have a notable temple in Selgaunt.

And by the way, it's "Sune", without a caret. You may be confusing it with Selûne.

isoChron

First Post
Sunes avatar appeared during the Time of Troubles in the Temple at Teziir, Dragon Coast. I don't have the source at hand but I'm quite sure about that. Temples honored by the presence of the god may play an important role in church politics.

Brakkart

First Post
The House of Firehair in Daerlun is well detailed in Power of Faerun. It doesn't state that it is the HQ of the faith though, but the head priestess there is almost certainly one of the most senior members of the faith given her level and the size of the temple she commands.

Gulla

Adventurer
Thank you all.

I remembered Daerlun and Waterdeep, but had forgotten about Teziir. I'll just have to sit down with the GM and decide which one we use for the HQ. We have already defined that there is a singel high priest of the church so we just need to find out where he is :)

At least I now know that there is no HQ published anywhere. Even though each FR is unique (more or less) we try to not directly contradict too much of the published materials.

Håkon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads