• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FRCS] Wizards Consortium by "Magic Rub"

Joanne

First Post
I was reading an idea about the Wizards Consortium posted by Magic Rub and was wondering if anyone has used this or a similar idea.

----
Posted by Magic Rub
http://test.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7807

Here's an idea I came up with about 4 years ago, that ran for more then a year and a half in real time. (unfortunately the party perished before they could stop, or expose the Villains) My inspiration was World War 2.

Psionics & Sorcerers are being persecuted by a new faction in the Realms known as the Wizards Consortium. The WC is actually a dummy group started by the Red Wizards, & is the perfect front to gain control of Torill's (sp?) populous without having a spotlight on themselves. The propaganda machine of the WC (the red wizards) first gains the favour of several Key mages in the Realms and starts the Wizards Consortium, far from Thay. My campaign was set around Amn (Athkathla) (sp?) & Baulders Gate, 2 places where money is power, & the WC (Thay) has plenty of it. The plan then proceeds to step 2 the persecutions of Psionics & Sorcerers. The plot is based on jealousy & power, The Red Wizards (who always hide their identities in this story) are jealous of the fact that they spend years honing there Art while Psionics & Sorcerers can just do it (essentially) innately. They then seed this ideal into the hearts of their "Puppets" in the West, where they intern begin to collect members for the W.C. using this as one of the selling points for there "Guild". The Wizards Consortium then begins to seed fear into the aristocratic, & peasant groups. Enough fear that the governing bodies eventually grant the WC power to begin a campaign of collection & mass imprisonment of Psionics & Sorcerers. In the prison camps the Red Wizards run experiments on the captives, magic, breeding, ect. . . Creating new monsters, constructs, items, with the knowledge gained from there captives. Thus increasing their power, however there is a massive down side to all of this tampering with magic, & psionic energy en-mass.

thnx
Joanne

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I wouldn't recommend this scheme in the "current" Realms as it's bound to backfire eventually (too damn many "adventurers" running around, ya know? :p) and damage the Red Wizards' attempts at trade. (Read: Too high risk for the possible payback.)
However, in the time before the Red Wizards started to become "peaceful merchants," it would be a natural for them.

Alternatively, it would also be a good plan for, say, the Zhentarim. :cool:

Joanne

First Post
thnx darkness.

does anyone know if "lords of darkness" is a good accessory for this theme?

Joanne

Last edited:

Remove ads