D&D 5E Free 60+ page Guide to Sword & Sorcery for 5E D&D

CapnZapp

Legend
have players choose culture before nationality. Whether you're Civilized or Nomadic is the most defining aspect of a character, while your race or nationality is almost a footnote. Also, being given a list of which races support Civilized (or Nomadic etc) characters is much more natural, in my opinion, than trying to remember which exact cultures are supported by each nationality
This makes sense. I've been considering it for a while, but so far resisted to avoid having to redo the layout of the book.
After completing our previous campaign I campaigned for a S&S campaign using your 5E rules. The stars weren't right this time, but that only means there's a chance you will have completed the rejigger when the time does come! :)

I'll watch this thread for any further updates!

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
What are the long term plans for Xoth 5e? Will we eventually see printed hardbacks in the shops?
All the books (except the Player's Guide for 5E which is still in playtest) are available as PDF directly ordered from the Xoth website (at discounted rates!), as PDFs from DriveThruRPG, and as softcover print-on-demand from Lulu.com.

There are no current plans for hardbacks.

Future books may include a Game Master's Guide to the World of Xoth, more adventure modules, and some non-adventure supplements (all for 5E, and offered as PDF and softcover print-on-demand).

xoth.publishing

There is a new update of the Player's Guide available (version 1.12).

The changes in this version include:

• Moved the Cultures of Xoth chapter before the Races of Xoth chapter (because your culture is more defining for your player character than race).
  • Added an introduction to the Cultures chapter to give it some more context.
  • Expanded each Culture to a separate page, with plenty of suggestions for how to roleplay members of each culture.
  • New total page count is now 72 pages!
Enjoy! :)

CapnZapp

Legend
I finally came round to watching this, and the very first thing he mentions is your previous products. One of the things mentioned was Ancient Kingdoms Mesopotamia, and I just like hold on, I remember that one, and was that you?

Sure enough, when I scoured my bookshelf I found it. Turns out I have had a module of yours for... ever. Need to read it now! :)

xoth.publishing

I finally came round to watching this, and the very first thing he mentions is your previous products. One of the things mentioned was Ancient Kingdoms Mesopotamia, and I just like hold on, I remember that one, and was that you?
Yeah, that was me :geek:

AK: Mesopotamia was published back in 2004. I wrote a short retrospective about it back in 2010 on my blog here: The World of Xoth » Blog Archive » Echoes of Ibnath

For even more background on that, as well as how that transitioned into the Xoth stuff, see this article that I wrote for Black Gate magazine in 2015: Discovering Robert E Howard: Morten Braten on The Road To Xoth: World-building in the Footsteps of Robert E. Howard – Black Gate

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
I ordered the two 5e adventures. And they were stolen off my porch...
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

xoth.publishing

I ordered the two 5e adventures. And they were stolen off my porch...
That's how good these books are, people even steal them to get their hands on them! :LOL:

Seriously, though, send me a private message with your email address, and I'll send you a free link to the PDF versions to compensate for your loss.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases