• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free adventure - The Staff of Suha

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this sort of thing or not, but I've shared a free D&D4e adventure on my blog. It's called the Staff of Suha, and it's a pretty straightforward delve designed for 5th-level characters (give or take a level or two). I ran a version of this at Genghis Con this past weekend, and it was well received.

The adventure comes with maps and everything, and I'm interested in hearing feedback (good or bad) from anyone who is willing to provide it. I've never tried my hand at actually distributing full adventures before, so I'm curious to see how it goes.

The blog post with all of the maps and everything is here.

If you just want the adventure itself, the PDF is here.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Hm... I guess these types of adventures aren't really much of a topic for discussion in this forum! Does anyone have a suggestion of where might be a good place to share free D&D adventures? I would expect that such a resource must exist, but I don't know what that would be.

And again, if anyone is interested in the adventure itself, please check it out and let me know if you have any feedback, positive or negative.

Thanks!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Take heart! I plan to read this adventure and might use it in an upcoming campaign. I will post feedback once I've had a chance to skim through it (later today most likely).

Madaxemat

First Post
Ive just skim read this and I really like this. I particularly like the fact that all the maps are provides as well (makes things very much easier for me).

I really appreaciate how you bold many of keywords makes scanning the document alot faster and the scaled encounter are a very neat idea (will undoubtable save me sometime).

The only flaw I can find in this is that the monster blocks are all crammed at the bottom of the page and they run onto each other . But seriously that is a really minor complant, from an otherwise very happy DM.

I think I will be keeping this one in my backpocket until the party get sidetracked again.

Thank you very much,

Matt

the Jester

Legend
Hey, I'm just checking this out now.

Looking over the first encounter:

[sblock]I think the trap should be a minion, since it's one-shot-only.[/sblock]

Otherwise, at a once-over, it looks pretty good to me. Fairly basic, no surprises, but a good quick delve.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Ok, I skimmed it.

First, I love the maps; I'm always prowling for good maps to steal, and in particular, I have a level 5-ish "recover the macguffin" delve adventure that I need to plan, so I may end up using them for that.

It looks like a solidly planned "drop-in" delve that, as you point out, can be added-to or customized easily.

I particularly liked that you have some nice tie-in hooks to later adventures with the NPC villain's contacts.

Well done, and thanks for sharing! :)

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Thanks for chiming in, folks! It sounds like it's being received the way I intended - simple, straightforward delve. "Recover the MacGuffin" is a good description.

Madaxemat: Excellent point about the monster blocks. I should have formatted those a little more tidily before putting this out there. If I do any more of these in the future, I'll try to make them look better so that they're easier to use.

the Jester:
[sblock]Good point on the trap - I should add "Minion" next to "Lurker". But I'm glad that it was clear that it was a one-shot.[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny: Depending on how the future adventures go with the actual party, I may release them as well. I'm glad to hear you're intrigued!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Nemesis Destiny: Depending on how the future adventures go with the actual party, I may release them as well. I'm glad to hear you're intrigued!
As a player, I love foreshadowed events and villains - it really helps with immersion. As a DM, I love doing stuff like this, especially when the players "invest" in the story by taking the bait. Even when it's really obvious bait. Simple, but effective.

It's always nice to see DMs "releasing" stuff like you are. I love homebrew. :)

Maybe I should do that with my story arc that I will be running? (Then you can see how I used/abused your map!)

OnlineDM

Adventurer
As a player, I love foreshadowed events and villains - it really helps with immersion. As a DM, I love doing stuff like this, especially when the players "invest" in the story by taking the bait. Even when it's really obvious bait. Simple, but effective.

It's always nice to see DMs "releasing" stuff like you are. I love homebrew. :)

Maybe I should do that with my story arc that I will be running? (Then you can see how I used/abused your map!)

I would be thrilled to see what you decided to do with the map! I'm interested in seeing more DMs release adventures like this, too. I figure there must be a place for this sort of thing on the internet somewhere, but I haven't found it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads