Free background music for games (revives)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I really like your pieces Michikawa. My mom loves instrumentals so I'm going to burn these to CD and do some custom labels for jewel cases and give them to her for Christmas.

Anything on the burner currently?

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Thank you, Michikawa!

I love your works and the "essence"-CD is on the player for the third time now. We will start playing in an hour or so - I wonder how the gang will like it...

Keep up this good work!

Dougal

P.S.: I especially like the part of anxious thoughts where the percussion comes in right at the moment where it feels natural. Brilliant passage.

Michikawa

Explorer
Great to hear you like the music! And feel free to create CDs for yourselves or for your relatives/friends, that sounds like a really nice idea :)

Alas, it seems that mikseri.net is quite instabile environment. Last night their harddrive crashed, which caused the service to be down for almost 24 hours. Well, this can happen anywhere of course, but combined with their semi-constant problems it feels a bit tedious. Have to think about the possibility of finding somekind of mirror to host the material... Or bittorrenting.

Hitokiri

First Post
OK, I've listened to all of two tracks and I will definately be downloading your music and putting it in my "RPG music" list :D There is some great stuff here, I can just close my eyes and see scenes and imagry that the music would be perfect for while playing. Great job.

JamesL85

First Post
With your permission, I'll start downloading the music and uploading it to my server. I can even give you a subdomain of neetersoft.com that can be used to host your music. Let me know.....

James

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Hey Michikawa,

hmm, now that I read my post again it really sounded blunt. But really, putting essence on a CD for my hifi was a must - it is far better to listen to it via four big speakers than with those small pc-speakers, right? :)

Aside from that four of five of our groups players asked where I got that CD from and I pointed them to your site. So be assured that you are given the attention you deserve! :D

Dougal

P.S.: When will we get more? ;)

Michikawa

Explorer
I just made and uploaded two new songs:

Dire News
Secret Garden

The reason why the mikseri.net projects are not too active at the moment is that I'm currently making music for the Ultima IX Redemption project (Ultima IX Redemption). But Corv updated the project page today and added a few songs to the Media section. Feel free to go there and check out the songs, the new ones are made by me, so they are basically Essence -project songs :)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Firstly, thank you so much for making these musical pieces freely available and posting links here.

I'm listening to them as I type, in the finest of company. Some are favourites already, like Secret Garden, Straight Into Ambush and Angel's Tear, but I'm fairly sure my gf and I are going to end up liking the whole lot.

In fact, Angel's Tear has already been nominated by my girlfriend, along with an acoustic song I co-wrote with an old friend years ago, as perfectly expressing a poignant time in her current favourite PC's history.

So hey, thanks again. Your creativity and generosity are much appreciated.

Remove ads