Free Fantasy Architecture II (New Stuff 5/3/2005)

KnidVermicious

First Post
OK, some new stuff. Here's KidCharlemagne's University clocktower in the Plane of Shadow. Notice that this one goes to thirteen...

I'll let KidCharlemagne tell the story.

Actually, I would love to hear stories from anyone who used stuff from here or the old thread in a game. Someone posted a reply in the gallery (before it shut down) about how the crystal bridge featured in a big fight and the villain got impaled on one of the pointy crystal structures. I thought that was great.

Attachments

• clocktower-face-shadow.jpg
    clocktower-face-shadow.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 151

KnidVermicious

First Post
And here is the evil Fey tower that KidCharlemagne's hapless PCs saw in the Shadow Plane. Unfortunately, he couldn't get them inside or up on the precarious bridge that he specifically wanted to include for a fantastic battleground. Stupid uncooperative PCs.

Attachments

• fae-bridge2b.jpg
    fae-bridge2b.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 168
  • faefront2b.jpg
    faefront2b.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 147
  • fae-down2b.jpg
    fae-down2b.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 152
  • fae-entrance-b.jpg
    fae-entrance-b.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 145
  • faesnow2.jpg
    faesnow2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 225
  • gatex-b.jpg
    gatex-b.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 289

KnidVermicious

First Post
Here's a few more. In case it wasn't apparent, this is the tower that appeared to be in the snow globe.

Attachments

• faedetail1b.jpg
    faedetail1b.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 145
  • fae-up2b.jpg
    fae-up2b.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
Here are some of the previous renders in black and white. Slowly working on the Gorgos Pit.

Hmm. Some sort of board weirdness going on.

Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
Thanks XCorvis.

Now let's see if this works.

Good. The board kept telling me the files were in progress of being uploaded so I couldn't upload them again, and I couldn't delete them. Luckily it just reset itself overnight.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 119

KnidVermicious

First Post
Here are two zipfiles. I had to split them because they were too big. One has all the tower pics and the other all the wizard school.

Attachments

• kv1.zip
    960.4 KB · Views: 131
  • kv2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 128

KnidVermicious

First Post
A question:

I'm actually shrinking down these pictures quite a bit and converting them from bmp to jpeg. I realize I could post larger jpegs (the bmps are way too huge) and because of the nifty thumbnail feature it wouldn't slow the page loading. How big a file would be appropriate? I don't want to clog up Morrus's servers with gigantor images, but bigger pics might look better.

Any recommendations?

XCorvis

First Post
Groovy, thanks for the zips!

Just convert the bmps to jpegs, but make sure you don't make the quality too low. For your reference, bmps are huge because they don't have any compression. Converting them to jpgs should be enough, so even if you post the larger versions, you're still saving bandwidth (over the bmps, anyway).

Remove ads