• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Fantasy Architecture II (New Stuff 5/3/2005)

KnidVermicious

First Post
A bonus pic of the hallway. This is a picture of how Piranesi sees the depth of the images. I think its nice and moody. Looks like the church at night, when all the ghosts come out.

Attachments

• Cathedral6-xtra.jpg
    Cathedral6-xtra.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 114

KnidVermicious

First Post
And finally, these are the renderings from 3D Studio Max that I brought into Piranesi. These have the complex lighting. However, I did add more torchlight later in Piranesi because I wanted the room to look a little warmer and...uh...torchier.

Attachments

• Cathedral1-lights.jpg
    Cathedral1-lights.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 114
  • Cathedral2-lights.jpg
    Cathedral2-lights.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 100
  • Cathedral3-lights.jpg
    Cathedral3-lights.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Cathedral4-lights.jpg
    Cathedral4-lights.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Cathedral5-lights.jpg
    Cathedral5-lights.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Cathedral6-lights.jpg
    Cathedral6-lights.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 107

eris404

Explorer
Wow. All I can say is, wow.

You didn't post the other Ambergate images on KidCharlemagne's forum, did you? I don't think anyone from the Saturday group has seen the newer ones and most of 'em don't frequent here.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
eris404 said:
Wow. All I can say is, wow.

You didn't post the other Ambergate images on KidCharlemagne's forum, did you? I don't think anyone from the Saturday group has seen the newer ones and most of 'em don't frequent here.

Right now, I'm the only one with access to do that... I should give Knid access to that. I'll get on that...

And BTW, I like the moody lighting pics - as well as the shadwoy hallway image. Very evocative... Does 3D StudioMax have the ability to add in atmospheric effects?

KnidVermicious

First Post
3DS Max is incredibly complicated/complex. Very steep learning curve. Both 3DS and Piranesi can add fog effects, which I haven't really used yet.I have done some stuff with fire effects, and I know you can do volume lighting, where the light looks more solid, like a beam of light (or a spotlight) rather than a more diffuse light.

One of the difficulties would be rendering that in 3DS and then transferring it to Piranesi. Which is another reason I haven't pursued the animation side of things, because I could only animate the models in 3DS without all the coloring/painting of Piranesi. So it would just be a bare model, or I would have to do all the photo-realistic material stuff in 3DS, which is probably more complicated than it is worth. Still, there is tons of stuff I haven't tried yet.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I can imagine - I use a lot of video editing programs at work, and even that's pretty tame compared to things like 3DS, I'm sure.

BTW, after eris404 mentioned it, I went ahead and updated the gallery at my website with some of the pics you did for me...

Remove ads