Freelance editor sought

Texas in August Studio

Texas in August Studio
I am seeking a freelance editor (specifically a copy editor) to help with an independently written and produced manuscript. The work uses both 5E and Pathfinder mechanics.

Can you recommend an editor?

Thanks

Panjumanju

Radio Wizard
I'm making some guesses based on the tone of your post, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you looking for an Editor (with a capital E), a line editor, a proofer, or such a deep-dive editing commitment that they'll be grumbling about credit to their spouse? I think it's pretty important to be clear what you're after in cases like this.

I also think maybe this isn't the best way to find the right person. There are lots of ediors in the industry, myself included, but posting like this I think you're going to get a thousand messages from people looking to break into the edting field. If that's what you want, that's great. Especially if you're paying little or nothing. And skill and experience aren't always related.

But if you want a serious Editor then the best way is probably to pull something similar that you like off your shelf (or e-shelf) and look at the masthead, and contact that editor. Even if they aren't available they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck,

//Panjumanju

Remove ads