Free [Freelance Writing] Possible Writing/Research Gig for Medieval Sourcebook

aspqrz

First Post
I am currently running a Kickstarter for a sourcebook on Medieval Life (Orbis Mundi 2: A Guide to Real Medieval Life on Kickstarter and it's just hit the last Stretch Goal I can fit into my schedule ... at ~A$5500 ...

IF it hits A$6250 I have indicated to backers that I will investigate the possibility of paying for an outside writer/researcher to do some additional material.

One of the shortcomings of the research I did for the book is that I only speak/read/write English ... and there are only limited English language resources on the Medieval period in countries other than England and France.

So, what I am interested in is someone who is either a native speaker or fluent in German or one of the Scandinavian languages who can do some research and writing on the following topics ...

* A medieval German or Scandinavian Village (who and what you will find there, what crops and animals they raise, how it self-governs or is run for the governing lord etc.)

* A medieval German or Scandianvian Manor (the next level up, whatever it might be called ... I know that 'feudalism' in the Anglo-French form, was quite different to how things worked in Germany and that it was the same, coupled with a very late arrival, in Scandinavia)

* Government, Law and Order in Germany or Scandinavia.

I already have some basic material for these areas, based on the limited sources I have access to in English ...

I am prepared to pay A$0.03c a word for up to ~8000 words ... or A$240 in total (note, the A$ is currently worth around US$0.73 and is declining which is around US$170ish).

The material needs to be divided into three parts - roughly 3000 words each for the first two and 2000 words for the third.

At this point I am only interested in expressions of interest ... it is, based on the trend so-far, that this Stretch Goal will be achieved and, possibly, another at A$7000 ... but that's the best I can estimate.

It would be best if anyone wanting the gig have either some college/university level background (undergrad would be fine) in History and the writing and information would be expected to be pitched at roughly that level of understanding, but it doesn't have to be written like a University Essay or Thesis ...

More information on application.

Phil McGregor

Remove ads