Freeport FATE Core edition

darjr

I crit!
I signed up for the FATE Core kickstarter a bit ago and was geeking out at all the goals reached and within reach. Now I find out that if the 245,000 goal Green Ronin will make the FATE Core Freeport Companion.

I thought some here would find it interesting. I've really started to dig FATE and love the idea of the FATE Accelerated streamlined ruleset. One of my favorite settings ported to FATE Core hits a really cool spot for me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evilhat/fate-core/posts/380416

glenrm

First Post
I am a backer of this one as well. FATE has a lot of interesting application for forum based role-play. Still like a little more crunch in my rules but you get a tremendous amount of content at the $10 level.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Did a bit of chargen and world creation with just a smidgen of play. Ended up with a setting that is steampunk with airship pirates trapped in the hollow earth that shifts and has 'issues' with time.

One character is the mirror universe Moriarty who the mirror universe Holmes just tried to kill. Another is an alternate earth Guy Fawkes with a mask he can use for quick change disguise. Also there is an 'EX' ninja, a veteran of the great world war, who fought in the trenches, and a grizzled old-school 'cop' from the back streets of London.

I can't wait till we really get going.

Obryn

Hero
Just wanted to note - Freeport was unlocked today! This is likely the best deal in gaming right now; it's to FATE what Reapers kickstarter was to minis.

Obryn

Hero
Also, they posted a preview of the magic system(s) from the Toolbox. It's pretty great; I upped my pledge to get the toolbox in hardcover as a result!

darjr

I crit!
It's over and I can't believe it. Over 10 thousand backers, over 6 thousand core books being shipped, over 400 thousand dollars. Wow. Oh and tons and tons of work for Evil Hat :)

Remove ads