D&D General Frylock on the ‘Ineffectual OGL’

S'mon

Legend
Is there any laws regarding improvisational comedy? That seems the most directly analogous example, at least more so than sport.

The Performers' Right against having your performances copied might well apply, and if your (original-from-you) words are fixed in an electronic medium that becomes a form of Literary work, too. But those rights go to the individual performers/speakers, not the show creator/producer/director.

But there is no "improvisational comedy" section in the CDPA.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Odd and irritating frylock mentions enworld is full of trolls....when this thread and the original have been full of excellent discussion on the subject. Thanks for those posting and discussing the topic, I’ve enjoyed reading the various back and forth and learning more than a google search would have given me on the subject.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Odd and irritating frylock mentions enworld is full of trolls....when this thread and the original have been full of excellent discussion on the subject. Thanks for those posting and discussing the topic, I’ve enjoyed reading the various back and forth and learning more than a google search would have given me on the subject.

For "troll" read "critical of my thesis."

G

Guest 6801328

It seems, reading his posts, that his zealotry may have come at the cost of some objectivity. When that happens, any disagreement/criticism can feel like an attack.

El Borak

First Post
Did anyone else notice that he originally started the original project on 06/02/2015, completed it on 10/26/2015 and per his blog post it was originally all of the 5E monsters.

Then his more recent blog post of May 9, 2019 was edited to add this statement. "These were removed on May 12, 2019, at 8:14 PM EDT. They should be back within the week, along with other material that I wasn’t planning on publishing. If you loved what I was doing, you’re really going to love what’s coming." "These" refers to the file(s) of "One-Stop 5e D&D Stat Blocks."

Wasn't the C&D from WotC received by him in May?

I wrote a brief post with links here Frylock's Gaming & Geekery vs WotC.

Remove ads