• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

full list of powers for the seven dwarven rings of power

marcus oakley

First Post
hi all

i want a full list of abilities and powers that the seven Septs of the Dwarves rings have
or i should say for the seven dwarven rings of powers
From the lore of my own (homebrewed) world: The Septstones.

In my world, there are seven Septs of the Dwarves (great underground city-states, each with their own culture), based on gemstones (Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz, Amethyst and Opal (plus the

Categories

Obsidian Sept, but that's for Duergar)).

The Septstones basically are just symbols of power. They are rings worn by the Thanes of the Septs, the [elected among the same bloodline] leaders of each Sept. Each is a potent magical ring (major artifact level), but what makes them important to the dwarves is what they represent.dition

i want full background on these rings and full list of each rings abilities
for d&d 3.5 e or 4th edition or 5th edition and for rolemaster editions as well thanks and any other info available thanks
if no body can find any info
can anybody please put together the powers and abilities and full background and info these rings have

Razjah

Explorer
For powers, I would just look up some crystal beliefs about each stone. Then make some powers based on that. They're all birthstones, so you could easily look them up that way.

But are you asking for someone(s) to give you the powers, stats, and background for your seven dwarf rings for your setting?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
First one makes the wearer into an invulnerable battle rager (Grumpy)
Next gives power over the winds (Sneazy)
Next makes one a healer (Doc)
Next gives one a positive outlook and a bonus to social skills (Happy)
Next one can send friends and foes alike into a healing sleep (Sleepy)
Next one has a bonus to CHR but is isolationist with the other races (Bashful)
The last is cursed, making one mute and clumsy and your beard fall out. (Dopey)

:)

snafuy

First Post
Christopher Tolkien spent a massive amount of time going through every scrap of paper formerly in his father's possession, trying to dig up the tiniest scraps of Middle Earth lore (and then selling books of the stuff, which is not unreasonable).

The rings of both dwarves and men were never given unique names or powers in any of Tolkien's writing, published or unpublished. It's entirely possible that Sauron just forged them the same, assembly-line style.

One of the seven was known as "The Ring of Thrain" after its most famous wearer, but there's more known about the dragons that ate four of the rings than there is about the rings or their wearers.

Dioltach

Legend
The rings of both dwarves and men were never given unique names or powers in any of Tolkien's writing, published or unpublished. It's entirely possible that Sauron just forged them the same, assembly-line style.

Don't you just hate generic, mass-produced tat? It must have been quite embarrassing when the Dwarven Lords gathered. "Hey guys, look at my new Ring! What do you mean, you have the same one ...?"

Remove ads