• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Funded we still have to wait for the pdf's

Gandalf970

Explorer
I am new to backing things on kickstarter. So this is funded, but we still have to wait for the 30 days? I understand it must be the rules, but I want the Level Up rules. I know the books will be about 6 months, but those pdfs are ready I just know it. Anyway thanks for a great game Morrus

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I am new to backing things on kickstarter. So this is funded, but we still have to wait for the 30 days? I understand it must be the rules, but I want the Level Up rules. I know the books will be about 6 months, but those pdfs are ready I just know it. Anyway thanks for a great game Morrus
Yeah, Kickstarters are an exercise in delayed gratification. Most of them wind up running a little bit late, though that won't be an issue here.

In a lot of cases, RPG projects raise Kickstarter funds so they can pay for the expensive parts of development like artwork and editing, so once they've gotten the funds back from Kickstarter (which, as others have mentioned, takes a while; typically a couple of weeks after the actual campaign itself wraps up) that's when they get started on that stuff. Others don't even get started on the writing and development until they've successfully funded, which is why you can see product delivery estimates years away. And in some cases, they really get delayed. I have one that I backed that's still getting worked on that was originally slated to deliver back in 2015!

So Morrus's "do everything first and then do the Kickstarter" modus operandi is a rare and precious thing!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads