• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Funded we still have to wait for the pdf's

Sacrosanct

Legend
So Morrus's "do everything first and then do the Kickstarter" modus operandi is a rare and precious thing!
That's what I did when I finished Chromatic Dungeons a month or so ago. I've heard so many stories of failed projects, or ones that were delayed for eons, I didn't want to be like that. So I pretty much did everything upfront and used KS to recoup the costs. I don't know what agreements or contracts Morrus had with his team, but it's probably safe to say he paid them already, regardless of how it does on KS.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
That's what I did when I finished Chromatic Dungeons a month or so ago. I've heard so many stories of failed projects, or ones that were delayed for eons, I didn't want to be like that. So I pretty much did everything upfront and used KS to recoup the costs. I don't know what agreements or contracts Morrus had with his team, but it's probably safe to say he paid them already, regardless of how it does on KS.
As I member of that team, I can confirm that yes, Morrus is wonderful to freelance for in a whole host of ways. He's spoken proudly of his professionalism towards freelancers on his podcast, and he walks his talk.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am new to backing things on kickstarter. So this is funded, but we still have to wait for the 30 days? I understand it must be the rules, but I want the Level Up rules. I know the books will be about 6 months, but those pdfs are ready I just know it. Anyway thanks for a great game Morrus
You don’t pay anything until the Kickstarter ends. Generous though we are, we do have to wait for the end of the Kickstarter before we start sending things out. :)

Nine Hands

Explorer
I am new to backing things on kickstarter. So this is funded, but we still have to wait for the 30 days? I understand it must be the rules, but I want the Level Up rules. I know the books will be about 6 months, but those pdfs are ready I just know it. Anyway thanks for a great game Morrus
I think the main thing is that money has not changed hands yet. I would not run a kickstarter where my customer gets a reward before I've been paid, since you can cancel at any time before the due date.

Also, Level Up seems to be releasing some pretty detailed previews (the Adept is fully available for free), so its just a matter of being patient.

Remove ads