Further Adventures in Grim Tales Questions

takyris

First Post
Hey, all,

And again -- awesome system, awesome system, awesome system. So very glad that I finally convinced my players to make the shift.

1) Someone mentioned a short errata that had been published, but I haven't found it on the Bad Axe Games website. Can somebody toss me a link?

2) Does the errata include anything about the feat "Diehard" vs. the talent "Remain Conscious". They seem to have a lot of overlap, and despite the differences in the flavor text, it looks like they do essentially the same thing -- which makes it look like a two-source issue -- Diehard from D&D and Remain Conscious from d20 Modern. Do people generally keep both? If you get rid of one or modify one so that both are useful and different, what do you do? Or has it not been a problem?

Henry

Autoexreginated
They do overlap, but I don't see it as a problem, because Die Hard takes two feats, but Remain conscious takes one talent. In other words, Characters with at least one level of Tough have easy access to it, whereas other characters have a bit harder time to get it.

As for the errata, Interestingly enough I don't see any, either. :D Wulf?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Fenris said:
I believe this was the most recent one, but there may be others.
1) Looks like Fenris' errata file is the most recent.

2) I've always been bothered by the Die Hard / Remain Conscious similarities, myself, but if you look closer, they're actually very mechanically different. And Remain Conscious, the Talent, is clearly superior (I think).

With Die Hard, when you continue acting while disabled, you lose 1 hit point each round.

With Remain Conscious, you don't lose additional hit points.

They are functionally different, but if the overlap bothers you, drop Die Hard and keep the Talent.

Remove ads