• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fuzion] anyone play it?

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Drowbane said:
the 4th edition Champions? Yes, sadly, I've played it.

I dont think Fuzion was 4th ED champions. 4th Ed Champions came out in the late 80's I think. The big Blue book with the George Perez cover of Dr. Destroyer vs. Seeker.

Fuzion came out in the period between 4th and 5th.

We Champions fans like to call that "the dark times"....

TheLe

First Post
Arashi Ravenblade said:
it kinda sucks, especially in it's handeling of DBZ. We had hundreds of house rules just to satisfy our need for the game to be exactly like the show. it seemed like the writers never even watched the shows there stuff was based on and just kind of threw stuff together.

So, a single battle took 20-30 gaming sessions to finish?

`Le

Aeric

Explorer
It's been about ten years since I've played Fuzion, but I have good memories of it. The group used it as an expansion for Mekton Zeta, though, so there wasn't much in the way of interpersonal combat.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Never played it.

I do love the suppliment Atomic Aliens though, I stat them up in there and then convert to another system.

The BBG implementation was pretty poor IMO. I liked the "New Champions" version and was really jazzed about Shards of the Stone.

Since Shards fell apart from the Fuzion community and then went Five Stat, I'm left in the lurch. The only superhero players in my area are Hero System addicts and I just can't bring myself to be that masochistic anymore. Any game system where you have to define the correct order of operation for sequential mathematical operations is just too much work, IMO. This is coming from someone who finds EarthDawn to be a simple and elegant system!

New Champions (Fuzion) was a great super hero game for people who want more granularity than the d20 Silver Age game and more abstraction than Hero System.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
ShinHakkaider said:
I dont think Fuzion was 4th ED champions. 4th Ed Champions came out in the late 80's I think. The big Blue book with the George Perez cover of Dr. Destroyer vs. Seeker.

Fuzion came out in the period between 4th and 5th.

We Champions fans like to call that "the dark times"....

Correct on all counts. That said, Fuzion is a 'fuzion' of Interlock and Hero. You're right though -- New Champions came after Champions 4e (which used ONLY the Hero System as the Big Blue Book).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads