• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gallery of Evil - Anyone seen it?

Rechan

Adventurer
So I was looking through Paizo's site and came across gallery of Evil. Anyone ran this? Or been a player in it?

My campaign is Sharn (Eberron), a specific Investigation game, so while it's a mystery based adventure, I'm wondering how easily it can be ported over to a different city, and the general make-up of the adventure itself. Also how easy it can be scaled.

Last edited:

Largomad

First Post
As far as I know, Gallery of Evil hasn't been released still as a PDF or in the stores. Checking Paizo's schedule is suposed to be released in october.

After reading some of other Paizos Gamemastery's Modules (D1 and w1 and of course Pathfinder #1) I am pretty impressed of the quality of their work so far, so I guess it will be pretty easy to port to another city. (Perhaps one of the publishers who use to post on enworld will happily give us more info ;) or you could ask in paizo's boards).

Last edited:

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Rechan said:
So I was looking through Paizo's site and came across gallery of Evil. Anyone ran this? Or been a player in it?

It's not out yet. I believe it is supposed to ship to subscribers in October. However, it is one of the GameMastery modules that I have looked forward to getting the most, as it, hopefully, has some good information on Absolom, which has not recieved alot of coverage so far. Until now, I have enjoyed all of the GameMastery modules, not only as good stand-alone adventures, but also as another source for information on Golarion, the campaign world of the Pathfinder Chronicles. As far as it's portability and scalability, if it's anything like the other GameMastery modules, I think it would be pretty easy to adapt it to whatever you need/want.

+5 Keyboard!

First Post
Rechan said:

My campaign is a setting (and city) specific Investigation game, so while it's a mystery based adventure, I'm wondering how easily it can be ported over to a different city, and the general make-up of the adventure itself. Also how easy it can be scaled.

Rechan, as previous posters have already mentioned it ships to stores and subscribers in a couple more weeks. As to its portability, it's very easy to drop in to any city or large town. You just have to change some street names is all.

As scaling goes, you could swap monsters here and there pretty easy to scale it up or down. Some of the monsters use a template to duplicate existing monsters. You can change them out for tougher or easier monsters, however you want, by adding the template to the creatures you want to use.

Absalom is a very BIG city and the Paizo approach so far is to publish it in pieces. In this adventure, it details the Ivy District, which is an affluent, artsy type of place full of vibrant colors, smells, and flamboyant people, but under the facade there's a lot of seedy things going on as well. Hangman's Noose is the next adventure to take place in Absalom, but I don't remember the name of the district Nick wrote about.

The description of Ivy District is filled with enough adventure hooks and interesting NPCs to provide tons of adventures there if you wish.

Rechan

Adventurer
According to Paizo, it's now order-able. I imagine the PDFs are accessable to those who are subscribed.

Sooooooooo.

Nlogue

First Post
Hey Rechan!

I've read Gallery of Evil and it is both excellent and highly portable. I highly recommend it to you my man, it would work perfectly in Sharn in my opinion. Hope you dig it!

Rechan

Adventurer
Nlogue said:
Hey Rechan!

I've read Gallery of Evil and it is both excellent and highly portable. I highly recommend it to you my man, it would work perfectly in Sharn in my opinion. Hope you dig it!
Thanks, Nick! Which District do you think it would fit in? For some reason, I'm thinking the University District.

How is the mystery angle? It looks darn smashing, action wise.

Also, any info you can give a peak about with regards to the Hangman's Noose?

I may have to decide how I'm going to organize my adventures in the future. I don't want to do 'gruesome slayings' back to back - Quoth the Raven, then 'evil monster art gallery'? Aiee. ;)

Nlogue

First Post
Rechan said:
Thanks, Nick! Which District do you think it would fit in? For some reason, I'm thinking the University District.

How is the mystery angle? It looks darn smashing, action wise.

Also, any info you can give a peak about with regards to the Hangman's Noose?

I may have to decide how I'm going to organize my adventures in the future. I don't want to do 'gruesome slayings' back to back - Quoth the Raven, then 'evil monster art gallery'? Aiee. ;)

Heh! Gruesome slayings all around I say! ;)

Good question! I'm not at home right now, fumigating my house, so I don't have Sharn: CoT handy...I think any of the upper crust districts work pretty good if memory serves. Skysedge, maybe...but I'll double check when I get home tomorrow and flip through...most of the victims in Gallery are nobles, so I'm thinking anywhere a lot of ir'Last names live works good.

Mystery element is there too, though perhaps to a lesser degree (I'd need to re-look at the module to be sure, or Steve will chime in for us), but there is definitely plenty for an inquisitive type to do if memory serves. It's got great flavor and a lot of really cool encounters. The BBEG is pretty freaking awesome too. I'd love to play in this adventure, curse me for reading it!!! :)

Hangman's Noose is pretty wild. Super big on mystery and horror, and it's for 1st level PCs. I designed it as a perfect jump start to a creepy urban campaign. I'm really happy with how my final draft turned out too! It's very very Call of Cthulhu-esque, and while there are some frikkin cool straight up combat encounters, it has a lot more focus on terror, Resident Evil style fear-factor and atmosphere, and mystery. Oh and the cover art (I got a sneak peak at Paizo's office a few weeks back) is the most freakily awesome artwork I've ever seen for any module. I can't wait to see the final product.

Rechan

Adventurer
Nlogue said:
Hangman's Noose is pretty wild. Super big on mystery and horror, and it's for 1st level PCs. I designed it as a perfect jump start to a creepy urban campaign. I'm really happy with how my final draft turned out too! It's very very Call of Cthulhu-esque, and while there are some frikkin cool straight up combat encounters, it has a lot more focus on terror, Resident Evil style fear-factor and atmosphere, and mystery. Oh and the cover art (I got a sneak peak at Paizo's office a few weeks back) is the most freakily awesome artwork I've ever seen for any module. I can't wait to see the final product.
Glad to hear it, Nick! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads