D&D 5E Gambit from X-Men in D&D

Minsc

Explorer
I saw this on the WotC boards and thought it was interesting, as I always loved Gambit. I also thought it might get some more exposure here.

How would you build everybody's favorite Ragin' Cajun?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
His power set is:
Controlling kinetic energy, which allows him to do sweet flips in combat and turn objects or people into bombs by touching them. Most of the time this is displayed by turning a playing card into a bomb and throwing it at whatever, or channeling it through his staff which somehow blows up the target but not the staff. (The staff is made of one of those comic book metals)
A really weak (for Marvel standards) level of Psychic power that makes him literally charming, hard to detect by other Psychics, and able to effectively use tarot cards.

His training is:
The generic acrobatic combat package.
Once belonging to an actual Thieves guild.

His power set is easily mimicked with the Warlock or Sorcerer. His training with the Criminal Background.

Rune

Once A Fool
Criminal background, proficiency with playing cards, valor bard with Shillelagh+warlock for Eldritch blast (using thrown cards, of course). Oh, and Polearm Master. Human, Variant human, or half-elf, probably. Also, needs proficiency in Acrobatics. And maybe Martial Adept to push people around with his staff.

Last edited:

DJCupboard

Explorer
I'd say, human, criminal background, multi-class rogue/monk/warlock. Play around with the levels of each, depending on who your favorite writer was/power level in your favorite story arc. :)

Yaarel

He Mage
The Acrobatics skill is useless for ‘acrobatic’ jumps.

In order to do gymnastic jumps and climbs, it is necessary to have extremely high Strength and the Athletics skill, possibly the Athlete feat.

Remathilis

Legend
Human (variant) Rogue/Thief (criminal) CG.

Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14

Init +3, HP 8, Spd 30, AC 14

Athletics, Acrobatics*, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Insight, Perception, Deception, Thieves Tools*, Playing Cards *expertise

Feat: Magic Initiate (warlock): Eldritch Blast, True Strike, Charm Person. (+4 to hit; DC 12).

Common, French

Quarterstaff, Leather Armor, Trench Coat, Playing Cards

- Rem(y)athilis.

Remove ads