GAME OF THRONES #6:The Laws of God and Men ACT 45 Chapter 4-2014

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
The Laws of God and Men

Tyrion faces his father in the throne room; Stannis and Davos put their faith in a new strategy; Daenerys' sphere of influence expands.

da3110e93f394d7fcd642d8c43c8670a.jpg

Ahnehnois

First Post
It's odd to me that these episodes seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

Tyrion's moment in the spotlight was great, though one wonders about this whole trial by combat thing. I mean, if he has the option of doing it and throwing Bronn out like he did before, why not just say that at the start of the trial?

It's been a while since I read the books, but...
[sblock=Spoliers]
I don't remember Asha going in to save her brother and encountering Ramsey. It was interesting though.[/sblock]

The episode was good. I can't wait for the next episode. How many more are left in this season by the way?

It's been a while since I read the books, but...

Well, it's another diversion from the books. I'm not sure quite why they did it, since it didn't go anywhere in particular. Not that we want it to -- there's always the risk that these little off-text diversions end up derailing the overall story if not handled properly.

It did feel like it was inserted to pad the season, though. Time to get to the point. We have some things to get to:

[sblock]
- Wildlings attacking the wall
- An election
- Tyrion's trial by combat
- An insurgency in Mereen
- An escape and a certain set of murders[/sblock]

NewJeffCT

First Post
Well, it's another diversion from the books. I'm not sure quite why they did it, since it didn't go anywhere in particular. Not that we want it to -- there's always the risk that these little off-text diversions end up derailing the overall story if not handled properly.

It did feel like it was inserted to pad the season, though. Time to get to the point. We have some things to get to:

[sblock]
- An election

No, the Greyjoy attack on the Dreadfort did not happen in the books. I think it was there to demonstrate how far gone/broken Theon is.

They really needed Victarian for that attack.

NewJeffCT

First Post

Tyrion's moment in the spotlight was great, though one wonders about this whole trial by combat thing. I mean, if he has the option of doing it and throwing Bronn out like he did before, why not just say that at the start of the trial?

I think his intent was to go along with what Jamie said, and allow Tyrion to go to the wall... however, after Shae came out & humiliated him like that, he got fired up/angry.

My guess is that his first choice will be Jamie.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Now the bigger question is, who got to her first, to make her do that?

And, where is his former 'bodyguard' that was helping her leave the city?

No, the Greyjoy attack on the Dreadfort did not happen in the books. I think it was there to demonstrate how far gone/broken Theon is.

They really needed Victarian for that attack.

Well, it's another diversion from the books. I'm not sure quite why they did it, since it didn't go anywhere in particular.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not sure why they did it, but I'm guessing they will be making some changes to future events involving those two.
Not that we want it to -- there's always the risk that these little off-text diversions end up derailing the overall story if not handled properly.
Maybe. I mean, they've made some changes in the first season which still haven't affected the show, yet. We'll see how they handle it.
It did feel like it was inserted to pad the season, though.
Probably. From what I've heard, this season is supposed to have parts of book borefour in it. They may need to do quite a bit of padding and cutting and making changes to keep interest.
Time to get to the point. We have some things to get to:

[sblock]
- An election
I'm thinking some of those things may end up in next season.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Yeah, feels that way, but you have HBO on Demand, this one is a 1 hr and 2 minutes long.

UPDATE--Nope, it is the same length as previously broadcasted

Last edited:

Remove ads