• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #9:Blackwater ACT 19 Chapter 2-2012

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Blackwater

Stannis finally begins his assault on King's Landing and Tyrion and the Lannisters must fight for their lives on the Blackwater Rush​

Game-of-Thrones.jpg

NewJeffCT

First Post
The previews look really good. I'm hoping it works as well on screen as it did in print (and on audiobook)

I'm hoping it does Tyrion justice, and I'm hoping they put in the scene [sblock] with a drunken Hound and Sansa[/sblock]

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
oh my frakkin Gawd!!!! That Claymore or Broadsword blade was the beast (with who swinging it).

And the fire!!!! *see many game masters afoot making that for their campaigns*

NewJeffCT

First Post
Damn - best episode of the series so far?

That was an epic battle - Stannis, the Hound, Bronn, Tyrion and, of course, Pod.

Glad the Hound had his due tonight - spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet [sblock] the scene with Bronn, the fighting outside the city, his telling Joff off, and then his encounter with Sansa at the end [/sblock]

And finally - The Rains of Castamere!!

Hal G

First Post
Agreed great first part of an epic conclusion. Great scenes, great lines..... watching it again as we speak.

Starman

Adventurer
Fantastic episode.

Poor Tyrion has it rough, but not as rough as in the book where
he loses half of his nose.
I'd follow the half-man into battle!

I don't like how the show has made Cersei more sympathetic than in the books. Dammit, I want to loath her guilt-free! ;) Lena Headey did a great job this episode.

[sblock=Book Spoilers!]The Tyrion scenes with Shae are really rough to watch knowing what she does to him in the next book. I almost dread that more than the Red Wedding.[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
Great episode, made even better that it just focused on the battle itself rather than jumping all over the place. Also, it was directed by Neil Marshall.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Agreed. Great episode, although I have to admit I was a bit frustrated by the fact that it was so DARK! It did help the wildfire show up nicely when it made its appearance though.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
¡KaBOOM! That's my review of every scene.

They are saying that the final episode, Valar Morghulis, is going to be 70 minutes long.

Starman

Adventurer
¡KaBOOM! That's my review of every scene.

They are saying that the final episode, Valar Morghulis, is going to be 70 minutes long.

Well, we need to see Daenerys going to the House of the Undying, Jon
"betraying" the Night's Watch and joining the Wildlings
, and Arya
meeting Jaqen one more time and getting her coin
. Based on the trailer, it looks like we'll see Brienne and Jaime again as well as Sansa talking to Littlefinger.

Anything else?

Remove ads