• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game of Thrones / Song Ice & Fire RPG

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
No knowledge of the RPG...but just have to put a "shout out" that the HBO series is amazing! Loving it! Can't wait week to week for the next episode.

Best fantasy style series I've seen in a loonnnnnng time. Actually....might be the BEST "live action" (as opposed to animated) fantasy series I've ever seen.

Not saying "that is"...please don't start flaming...just saying "that I've seen."
--SD

Rashak Mani

First Post
The series has been faithful to the book... some dialogues coming completely from the book... I recommend it.

As for the RPG would be interested in knowing about how some campaigns ran

ValhallaGH

Explorer
As for the RPG would be interested in knowing about how some campaigns ran
SIFRP campaigns run however you want them to. While the game supports the option of following the plot of the novels, the rules work just as well for random mercenary adventurers, wildling raiders, merchant houses of Braavos, officers in a mercenary company, or playing in another setting.
Our house swept the King's Tourney, won two major battles, undid a dozen schemes and pulled off several of our own, and then got sent off to the Eyrie while the plot overran our allies. After a couple of decades in the free cities, we hooked up with Daenerys and conquered the world (Essos and Westeros). Over that time, 7 players played 13 characters, with only two characters that participated in the entire campaign.

Heck, I was working on an addition that would use the rules to run a Marvel Supers campaign. Of course, that was mostly a design exercise, set aside by actual work. But it went terribly smoothly.

The only change you'd have to make to run a D&D style game is to work up a functional magic system. Since SIF doesn't have much PC magic, there isn't one for PC use. And the Green Ronin forum folks have already worked up several such systems.

Rashak Mani

First Post
SIFRP campaigns run however you want them to.

Our house swept the King's Tourney, won two major battles, undid a dozen schemes and pulled off several of our own, and then got sent off to the Eyrie while the plot overran our allies. After a couple of decades in the free cities, we hooked up with Daenerys and conquered the world (Essos and Westeros). Over that time, 7 players played 13 characters, with only two characters that participated in the entire campaign.

Wow... in a way you managed to finish the books before George R.R. Martin ! :)

How did the White Walkers act ?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
No clue about the White Walkers. We never ended up dealing with them, and no major NPCs were killed by them - the GM wanted to wrap up the campaign so he could run something else before his daughter was born.
I think they were going to be the next threat, stopping them and consolidating our hold on Westeros, but it just didn't come up.

Remove ads