• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game stores in Kansas City?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I drove past Gates the other day while on my way to watch the Royals (what can I say, I'm a glutton for disappointment) and didn't see it. Now that I have some really good directions (thanks Dragonhelm), I'll have to check it out. It sounds like I'll stick with The Battlezone as my main shop, but Monty's is a closer drive.

Kane

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Kanegrundar said:
I drove past Gates the other day while on my way to watch the Royals (what can I say, I'm a glutton for disappointment) and didn't see it. Now that I have some really good directions (thanks Dragonhelm), I'll have to check it out. It sounds like I'll stick with The Battlezone as my main shop, but Monty's is a closer drive.

Yeah, the place is really hard to find. If you go to the light past Gates, you've gone too far.

StevetheNPC

Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions and info. Unfortunately I'll only have one evening to shop and explore, but at least this should help me maximize my time there.

You don't happen to work for CarMax do you?
Nope. "What's in your wallet?"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I haven't lived in Kansas in decades, but King's Crown in KC USED to be one of the nicest shops I've ever been in- clean, well stocked, well lit, and orderly with nice staff.

If that helps at all...

sparxmith

First Post
If you're flying in...

If you're flying in, I know two great places to go near the airport.

I work at a place called Friendly Frank's Comic Cavern. We specialize in comics, but we have a vast array of D20 material as well as Magic, and Yu Gi Oh. Its found about 4 miles south of the airport on the NW 64th St Exit. Make a right, and then we're in the back corner of the shopping center that'll be on your right. The Manager, Greg is a great guy who'll be glad to help you out. Just tell'em Eric sent you. Phone number is 816-746-4569.

Secondly, If you're into D&D Mini's or Magic, there's a great place call The Broken Lotus. There website is www.thebrokenlotus.com. They have one of the best singles collections for both games in the KC metro. Again, tell'em Eric sent you. Direction to their shop can be found on the website.

Hope this helps,

Sparxmith

der_kluge

Adventurer
sspiroff said:
Thanks for all the suggestions and info. Unfortunately I'll only have one evening to shop and explore, but at least this should help me maximize my time there.

Nope. "What's in your wallet?"

Oh that's right. You never did email me at work. Let's do lunch sometime.

grodog

Hero
Hmmm, I've never heard of Monte's; does anyone have a street address, phone number, web site, email, etc. for them? They sound like my kinda shop :D

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
sparxmith said:
I work at a place called Friendly Frank's Comic Cavern. * snipe* Phone number is 816-746-4569.

Ah, are you guys still at that phone number? Its the same number I got from yahoo the other day but I get a message saying its out of service. (I hope that’s not true cause I don’t know of any other comic book stores close to my old home. I’m moving home soon and I would like to see what services you offer in regards to comics.)

Remove ads