Game worlds!

RolandRed

First Post
So, what's everyones favorite game world (Homebrew or otherwise?) Always interested in learning other peoples game styles. I'll start off by listing a few of my homebrew games, one of which has been running for nearly 3 years now.

All from my dnd blog, enjoy, if you want to use one of the settings just PM me please!

Roland's Braincase: Land of the Dead My newest game world. Dark horror heavy. Still looking on gathering players for it.

Roland's Braincase: Harrington City My long running d20 modern world. Ran for about 4-5 years then lost the d20 modern bug, lol.

Roland's Braincase: City of Iron My 3.5 setting, 3 years running.

What you think?

Gilladian

Adventurer
After running golarion and pro us, I have happily returned to my campaign worl, where I'm running an E6 campaign.

Linkhttp://vishteercampaign.pbworks.com/w/page/10036275/FrontPage

slwoyach

First Post
My very favorite to be perfectly honest is Earth. Of course magic is real, nonhuman races exist, etc.; but it's still Earth.

the Jester

Legend
My homebrew, Cydra.

Cydra is an infinite ocean, but it isn't flat. The campaign takes place on the inside surface of a gigantic air bubble approximately 750,000 miles in diameter. The Sun is a great orb of flame ignited one million years ago, more or less, by the god Galador. It orbits the island of Forinthia at a distance of approximately half a million miles and gives both light to the day and warmth to the oceans.

Cydra has been played in fairly constantly since, oh, 1992 or thereabouts. Pcs have played primarily in seven different eras of the world's history, some separated by decades and some by thousands of years.

Cydra's main theme was long the conflict between Law and Chaos, rather than Good and Evil, but the epic 3.5 game I ran finished that conflict off with Chaos victorious. In the subsequent centuries, pretty much all organized empires and kingdoms of size have collapsed, leaving a fairly depopulated, sparse, points-of-light style world in which the current crop of pcs made themselves local rulers by about 4th level.

I am strongly dedicated to letting the pcs lead the game as much as they would like to, although there are always twenty more plot hooks dangling just out back behind the well (so to speak).

Cydra actually goes back billions of years, though; it started as a sort of magical world simulation created by a guy who managed to take his demiplane and run when Tharizdun awoke and ate the multiverse in my old, 1980 to 1992 Oerth campaign. (The pcs failed in the end after obtaining what they needed to stop it; they took no steps to bolster their odds or give them rerolls or what have you in the final moment, and it came down to two d% rolls, low is better, to see how they did. 97... and 99.)

So: A world I know better than anyone else does, with a ton of depth and history, about 20 years of documentation, maps, dungeons, monsters, spells, etc., and a free hand to ignore any 'canon' released by anyone else. Perfect for my tastes.

Remove ads