Gaming Group Turns 29 !

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Our Dungeon and Dragons gaming group played our very first game on May 24th, 1982 so we just reached our 29th Anniversary!

This weekend we will play our 1,165th Game, which will be Game Night 16 of our 155th Module. This module is a major Pirate epic, which thus far has consisted of two 100-ship sea battles, with more to come. The current adventure has four founding players in it and three founding characters. Six of our eight current members joined the group during our first three years.

fba827

Adventurer
Happy Anniversary.

Next year (your 30th) is either pearl or diamond..... so you have a whole year to look out for pearl or diamond dice! :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Nicely done!

But am I misreading something? You say you've got three founding characters in your current party - does that mean those characters are in their 155th adventure? And if so, what level are they?!?

Lan-"I thought I'd done well on a 17-adventure career"-efan

Silver Moon

Adventurer
But am I misreading something? You say you've got three founding characters in your current party - does that mean those characters are in their 155th adventure? And if so, what level are they?!?
Each player has between 4 and 9 characters, who they alternate depending upon the module level, the gamemaster, and who they feel like playing. My once-a-decade epics also involve multiple teams doing simultaneous missions, which pulls some of the old timers out of semi-retirement. Highest single-class level is 14th, highest multi-class is 11th/9th. Both might actually be higher, we're around two years behind on awarding experience points.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Congradulations!! My oldest group online is only 12 years, and in person I've been gaming with my main group only about 13 or so.

Remove ads