• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gardens and the Graves

Seonaid

Explorer
Freyja curtsies to Nanny and the children before following Grouse to the ring. "What should we do?" she asks Grouse. "I should wait until right before we leave to cast, so we don't have to return so soon." She flutters around like a snowflake on wind, anxious.

Ashy

First Post
Grouse looks troubled and is a bit crosser than usual, but in a more tense and nervous way... "I am a bit concerned wit' being gone from the 'ring and the garden for so long. I fear that in our absence, those things would invade and then we'd really have our work cut out fer us. What do th' rest o' ye think?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Freyja nods. "I don't like this. Perhaps it's only coincidence, but experience tells me that coincidence usually is not." Her frosty brows furrow with worry. "What should we do?"

Ashy

First Post
Grouse thinks for a while and finally says, "Well, let's at least use what we have..." He then does a little jig and makes a bird-like whistle. For those who have resided long in the garden know that the old fairy is calling the robins to come down for a chat...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Within a few moments a fluttering, bustling, jostling crowd of robins in hopping and flapping about Grouse, fair bidding to knock him over in their enthusiasm.*

"What be happening, what be what be, tell us tell us tell us, we want want want to know know know!" they say as they bounce around.

Ashy

First Post
Even the grumpy Grouse manages to crack a smile at the bird's enthuaism and he fishes some seeds from his beard and hair to give them as presents. He then tells them all that has gone before and that he and the other fairies are thinking of going away with the children to court. He then asks them, "We need some eyes'n'ears here, to make sure an' certain 'at all is well with th' garden while we're gone. And we'll need someone to take notes to th' Nanny. Can you fledglings do that for us?", this last bit he says with a wink, knowing full well that the robins hate being talked to like hatchlings...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The birds all fluff up their feathers in indignation, even as they keep bobbing for seeds.*

"We be not not not fledglings anymore, no no no, we be not not not! But we can can take notes and words, we see and seek and watch and hear and wait, yes we can, yes yes yes!"

Ashy

First Post
Grouse chuckles - a rare sound indeed - as he nods at the robin's words. He produces a few more seeds from them, thanks them, and then asks, "I also need Mr. Mole and Master Mantis to keep their keen nose and eyes trained as well. Can you speak with them and tell them that their assistance is needed as well? I know of a particullarly large store of worms in a of't over-looked area of the mulch pile that Mr. Mole has missed, should he need any incentive..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads