GaryCon '22 Planning

Sacrosanct

Legend
In my experience, yes, people put their masks up when this happened. And then took them off again in a few minutes.

Same. I only saw two volunteers come into rooms reminding of the mandate the whole 3 days (not saying they only did it twice, but it wasn't frequent). And yes, as soon as they left the room, the masks came off again. One guy even pulled the "I have a condition so I don't have to wear one" argument in the DM/VIP room, and another said he didn't own any masks (this was on day 2, so one can assume he was maskless in every room the entire time up to that point).

I'd say only half of the people were masked. Looking at all the photos online everyone is posting where you can see game tables behind them, that seems to be pretty accurate. The vendor room was pretty good, but the actual conference rooms with games? Not so much. I was hoping for some more robust enforcement, but it was minimal at best. I don't blame the volunteers; it was a losing battle.

AL room was 100%. I did not see anyone without a mask at any table I played at.

I played in two games in Boardrooms. Those had 12 to 20 people playing at the big table. Maybe 50%.

At the Traveller game table in Linwood, once the reminder came masks were on the rest of the time. No one immediately took it off.

The con did enforce the entry requirements strictly (vaccinated or recent negative PCR test).

Otherwise, with the CDC rules now in place, it was a losing battle.

I wore my mask at all game tables. Not because I think they are super effective but because I said I would when I signed up for the con and I promised loved ones that I would.

I did not wear it when I was in the bar area or the cafe. Or the private dinner offsite I attended. But I do not at home as you cannot eat or drink with a mask.

Tested negative Saturday morning and Sunday night. Will test again tonight and Thursday night. I don’t have any symptoms but cannot use that to judge now as I just had a shingles vaccine shot today.

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads