• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gauging Interest: M&M2 Freedom City

Insight

Adventurer
Hello all,

The purpose of this post is to gauge interest in a possible Mutants & Masterminds (2nd Ed) Freedom City game. I'm inclined to try this out as a short term game and see if there is enough momentum to carry the game forward.

Reply to this post if you have any interest in playing in such a campaign, and any other details you consider germane to the discussion.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'd put forth a tentative interest.

I haven't been able to use my M&M book much, and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't have any operational knowledge of the Freedom City setting though, if that were to be neccessary.

Insight

Adventurer
hafrogman said:
I'd put forth a tentative interest.

I haven't been able to use my M&M book much, and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't have any operational knowledge of the Freedom City setting though, if that were to be neccessary.

You wouldn't need to know anything about Freedom City to play the game. I would introduce relevant information as needed. It's basically Gotham or Metropolis, the theoretical center of the superhero universe for the purposes of the game.

Graf

Explorer
I'd actually be interested.
I love comics. I don't have time to read them anymore (and the pricing and distribution models aren't particularly appealing) but I dug/dig a pretty wide range of stuff including Preacher, Wathcmen, Top Ten, New Warriors (first few years), (some) X-men, Grendel, Impulse, Spectre, Promethia, (ok, I'll stop now).
(Obviously some of those aren't proper super hero stories but anway.)

Do you have any overarching themes/type of story you're interested in?

Reasons you might not be interested in having me
*I'm not strong on M&M (Don't have the book but wouldn't mind picking it up; been on the list for a while)
*By extension I don't know much about Freedom City
*I can't committe to posting more than once a day.

Insight

Adventurer
Graf said:
I'd actually be interested.
I love comics. I don't have time to read them anymore (and the pricing and distribution models aren't particularly appealing) but I dug/dig a pretty wide range of stuff including Preacher, Wathcmen, Top Ten, New Warriors (first few years), (some) X-men, Grendel, Impulse, Spectre, Promethia, (ok, I'll stop now).
(Obviously some of those aren't proper super hero stories but anway.)

Sounds like a grounding in the classics anyway.

Do you have any overarching themes/type of story you're interested in?

Not as such. I wanted to get a feel for the interest here and what players are going to be in the game before I think too deeply about it. I will have one, but not right now.

Reasons you might not be interested in having me
*I'm not strong on M&M (Don't have the book but wouldn't mind picking it up; been on the list for a while)
*By extension I don't know much about Freedom City
*I can't committe to posting more than once a day.

None of those are huge deals, although you would be significantly hampered during character creation without the book. That said, I would help you or any other player without the book make a character. It's not really that difficult once you know how it works.

See above concerning knowledge of Freedom City.

In terms of posting rate, I'm not sure I can do anything more than 1-2x a day, so I certainly won't hold the players accountable for more than that. 3-5x a week would make the game flow pretty smoothly from my point of view.

Insight

Adventurer
If any of you have the Ultimate Power book, I would allow that as well. Just picked it up tonight off the GR site (PDF).

Graf

Explorer
Then color me interested!

I may be able to figure something out regarding the book. Otherwise I’ll have to take you or someone else up on the offer of help.

I have a couple of different character ideas; probably shouldn’t say more until you want to go ahead or we have a theme.

Remove ads