OSR [Geek Native] Interview with the creator of Chromatic Dungeons

Sacrosanct

Legend
What was that I said about coincidences earlier? They just keep coming.

The interview I did with Geek Native last May just went live. Primary topic? Bringing diversity and inclusivity into the OSR. heh.

Riley

Legend
What was that I said about coincidences earlier? They just keep coming.

The interview I did with Geek Native last May just went live. Primary topic? Bringing diversity and inclusivity into the OSR. heh.

I just had a look at your heritage preview, and your other recent blog previews/updates. Looks good!

Do you have a Kickstarter launch date?

Riley

Legend
Great! It looks like you’re pretty far along on completing the work on this? What is your tentative delivery estimate?

(My family is diverse, and my youngest is interested and just about ready for a BX-type RPG.)

Sacrosanct

Legend
Great! It looks like you’re pretty far along on completing the work on this? What is your tentative delivery estimate?

(My family is diverse, and my youngest is interested and just about ready for a BX-type RPG.)
It's actually done. I've seen so many failed KS that failed to deliver (our hobby seems to be rife with them), so it was very important to me to not do that, and to reassure backers that if they place their trust and wallets with me, I will get them what I promise.

So this is how it's going to work: When the project funds (hopefully), backers will receive links to the pdfs straight away. I'm using DTRPG for fulfillment, so the backer reward costs for hard copy books will be much less than what you'd typically expect. That's because as soon as the project completes, you'll also get a link to DTRPG to order your hard copies, where each backer would be responsible for their own shipping costs plus the physical print cost. The book has already been approved at DTRPG and I've signed off on the proof copies. So no waiting there either.

For example, let's say you back at the Core Rulebook level, which is a pdf and hard copy of the 330 page rulebook. The pledge amount is $30. You may notice that seems pretty low for a hardcover and pdf. That's because as soon as the campaign is complete, you'll get an email link to order your hardcopy from DTRPG, which will cost you $12+shipping (as of last week or so). So in reality, your total pledge amount costs would come out to $45-$50 (depending on where you're shipping), which is pretty typical for a book like that.

I hope that makes sense.

Remove ads