• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon Core Book Sold Out?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I was expecting to hear the core book sell out at GenCon, but have not seen that news yet.

So, anyone know if it sold out, and if so, when?

Shemeska

Adventurer
When I left the con around 3pm back to the hotel, I think there may have been a dozen or so left? Some crazy small fraction of the original mountain of books.

They sold an insane amount of them.

lrsach01

Explorer
And the line Thursday was just insane. The only line worse than that was line for badges which stretched out the convention center and around the block. Worse line I've ever seen at GenCon since it came to Indy.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Sounds about right. The Paizo booth was my last stop before leaving around 2:30pm or so on Saturday, and they had about 100, maybe 125 copies left; just a quick guesstimate.

The Thursday line was incredible, with people carrying multiple copies to purchase (they had a sign limiting people to 6 copies each - for a $50 book!). To their credit, it looks like they worked through the line as quickly as they could, because by the time I wandered over to get my copy around 1:00pm, there was no line.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Sounds about right. The Paizo booth was my last stop before leaving around 2:30pm or so on Saturday, and they had about 100, maybe 125 copies left; just a quick guesstimate.

The Thursday line was incredible, with people carrying multiple copies to purchase (they had a sign limiting people to 6 copies each - for a $50 book!). To their credit, it looks like they worked through the line as quickly as they could, because by the time I wandered over to get my copy around 1:00pm, there was no line.

There's no way I could carry 6 of those books. It would just break my back.

Twowolves

Explorer
The big "pyramid" of books was restocked periodically. The big table they were on was packed with more boxes of books. When I left around noon on sunday, there were still plenty on the table.

Rokes

First Post
The big "pyramid" of books was restocked periodically. The big table they were on was packed with more boxes of books. When I left around noon on sunday, there were still plenty on the table.

At 3 on Sunday there were still plenty of books above the boxes. But there's no way to know if the boxes underneath held books or not (imo they didn't seem perfectly stable...).

Shemeska

Adventurer
The big "pyramid" of books was restocked periodically. The big table they were on was packed with more boxes of books.

I'm not sure there was ever an actual table, just a solid block of boxes of books with a cloth over top of it for stacking more books. Like you said, I think they emptied the boxes of books as the mountain was sold through, and yeah it was looking rather shaky on Sunday - looked like the "table" was a bunch of empty boxes.

Twowolves

Explorer
You know, I only got a glimpse under the cloth, you may be right about there not being an actual table there.

It would have been funny if the stack just got shorter and shorter as the Con wore on...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads