Gencon News and Updates Thread (with links!)

teach

First Post
I know I know, this is a bit early, but I wanted to get a jump start on this thread as Gencon is just around the corner. Particularly because I'd like to update this post with links to blogs and podcasts that will be updating live from gencon.

Are you going to be blogging or podcasting or twittering or otherwise letting those of us jealous types know all the exciting news that's happening? Comment below so that I can add you to the list!

Blogs:
Blog of Holding
Online Dungeon Master: Will "be putting up at least a couple of blog posts from Gencon". -[MENTION=90804]OnlineDM[/MENTION]
Paizo Blogs: "Erik Mona posted about his past history with the Con. Lisa Stevens posted one as well." -[MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION]
North of Nowhere: will be posting updates
Table Top Gaming News: "Table Top Gaming News is wargame and miniature focused but their GenCon coverage of those things is usually pretty good. Though I'll be darned if I can tell if they are going or not this year." - [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION]
Critical Hits: "will be posting from the con. The big thing that people come and check out is the D&D new product seminar write-ups on Saturday." -[MENTION=5389]davethegame[/MENTION] See reply below for links to the previous years write-ups as well!
RPG Blog 2: He's already been posting some preview posts about Gencon. Previous years have been really informative.
Michael Tresca at The Examiner

Podcasts:
This Just In..From Gencon
Under Gopher Podcast: The Undergopher podcast is also doing an episode for each day of Gen Con.
2 GMs 1 Mic: plan to podcast from Gen Con. Not sure if it will be one or more episode.

Twitter:

Morrus: Our very own [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]!

These twitter feeds from [MENTION=73683]Dannager[/MENTION]
StvWinter - Editor in Chief, Dragon and Dungeon
SlyFlourish - Blogger
matt_james_rpg - Freelance designer, credited on Monster Vault 2
WolfStar76 - WotC Community rep (?)
mudbunny74 - WotC Community rep (?)
mikemearls - Ruins everything (I keeeeed)
Trevor_WotC - WotC Community Manager
criticalhits - Blogger
gregbilsland - WotC Editor: Is also part of #gametrain of WotC employees travelling to gencon on a train.
BruceCordell - Game designer
christulach - WotC Head of Organized Play
geeksdreamgirl - Blogger
chattyDM - Blogger
DavetheGame - Blogger

From [MENTION=17262]sjmiller[/MENTION]
RaiderDragon - Battlefield Press publisher and author
Corrick - Author of Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
"We will be doing the GenCon Gaslight Trivia Challenge. We will be tweeting locations to meet us and answer Victorian Era trivia questions for Gaslight swag and a chance to win a copy of the game."

Michael Tresca

Forums and miscellaneous:

Enworld: will be posting updates and news from Gencon.

Other Links
Places to get food at Gencon

Well, that's all I got so far. Post a link below, and I'll be happy to add it to the list of places to get Gencon News throughout the con.

I wanted to get this thread started so I could update it before the con started and hopefully catch people who are planning on posting to send me their links so I can include it in this post!

And once the con starts in proper, hopefully we'll have some Enworlders be willing to post in this thread as well! Because not only are there people who can't make it to Gencon, there are lazy people who don't want to have to subscribe to more than one thread who are also not going to gencon. :)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Dannager

First Post
Industry and blogger Twitter @ follow list:

Remember, @ goes before each name listed below.

StvWinter - Editor in Chief, Dragon and Dungeon
SlyFlourish - Blogger
matt_james_rpg - Freelance designer, credited on Monster Vault 2
WolfStar76 - WotC Community rep (?)
mudbunny74 - WotC Community rep (?)
mikemearls - Ruins everything (I keeeeed)
Trevor_WotC - WotC Community Manager
criticalhits - Blogger
gregbilsland - WotC Editor
BruceCordell - Game designer
christulach - WotC Head of Organized Play
geeksdreamgirl - Blogger
chattyDM - Blogger
DavetheGame - Blogger
Morrus - the guy who runs ENWorld/Publishing
Wizards_DnD - Official D&D Twitter account

I'm missing lots, I'm sure, so if anyone has more to add or corrections to make, speak up! Also, some of the above might not be attending GenCon.

Twitter is very likely where any GenCon news will break first, so make sure you're using it if you want the most up-to-the-minute reporting.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lcfp

Erik Mona posted about his past history with the Con. Lisa Stevens posted one as well. I hope it's a series for Paizo leading up to the con.

And 'This just in from GenCon' is a great podcast. Last year I didn't listen until after the con and wished I had listed during. I missed stuff I otherwise wouldn't have.

Oh and stop by Tower of Gygax and give yer thanks to Gary.

sjmiller

Explorer
I have two more twitter feeds for you.

We will be doing the GenCon Gaslight Trivia Challenge. We will be tweeting locations to meet us and answer Victorian Era trivia questions for Gaslight swag and a chance to win a copy of the game.

Dannager

First Post
A bunch of the WotC crew is currently on a cross-country train bound for GenCon, and they're playing games and tweeting the experience. Oh, and giving D&D stuff away to anyone who happens to express an inkling of interest in the game. Greg Bilsland said this morning:

"Just spent 20 minutes chatting with a woman named River who used to play D&D. Now she has a Red Box and DM kit to get her started #gametrain"

"The best part. Her two young daughters are going through the Red Box and creating their one game with the tokens and maps #gametrain"

"Just heard one of the little girls declare, "There's Dice!!" #gametrain"

Last edited:

teach

First Post
Updated with a bunch of new links and twitter accounts. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. Would love to have even more links!

Remove ads