Gencon News and Updates Thread (with links!)

nedjer

Adventurer
On the wrong side of the Atlantic myself but if emails are to be believed - from a bunch of people I've never met in my puff - I'm going to get reports on Renegades playing at GenCon. If any of these appear I'll post what they get up to at Thistle Games soon as.

Posted on how Renegade might get used at a Con last thread . . . here

Dannager

First Post
No big news out of WotC yet (as far as I've heard), but Paizo just announced another AP (The Shattered Star) and confirmed the long-suspected hardcover updated Rise of the Runelords AP (news via (at)Daigle on Twitter).

Sonny

Adventurer
No big news out of WotC yet (as far as I've heard), but Paizo just announced another AP (The Shattered Star) and confirmed the long-suspected hardcover updated Rise of the Runelords AP (news via (at)Daigle on Twitter).

Sounds like okay news for Paizo. I'm glad to hear Wizards is improving on the monthly DDI themes.

Hmm... pretty dull as far as GenCon announcements goes. Of course, not every convention can have huge surprises, but I was hoping for some news on a new setting for next year, or what other products we can expect from D&D & Pathfinder in 2012.

Dannager

First Post
Sounds like okay news for Paizo. I'm glad to hear Wizards is improving on the monthly DDI themes.

Hmm... pretty dull as far as GenCon announcements goes. Of course, not every convention can have huge surprises, but I was hoping for some news on a new setting for next year, or what other products we can expect from D&D & Pathfinder in 2012.

WotC's upcoming products seminar isn't until Saturday. The stuff they talked about today was just Dragon content as far as I can tell.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Paizo's site isn't updated with the Shattered Star AP, but their pages are updated for all products through next June: http://paizo.com/pathfinder

Some of this Pathfinder info was released at PaizoCon, but repeating here for completeness:

RPG
Beginner Box (October 2011)
Bestiary 3 (Nov 2011)
Advanced Race Guide (Apr 2012)

ADVENTURE PATHS
Jade Regent (Aug 2011-Jan 2012)
Skull & Shackles (Feb 2012-July 2012)

PATHFINDER CAMPAIGN
Lands of the Linnorm Kings (Sept 2011)
Book of the Damned Vol 3: Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Oct 2011)
Dragon Empires Gazetteer (Nov 2011)
Mythological Monsters Revisted (Dec 2011)
Jade Empire Poster Map Folio (Jan 2012)
Distant Worlds (Feb 2012)
Isles of the Shackles (Mar 2012)
Giants Revisted (Apr 2012)
Lost Kingdoms (May 2012)
Skull & Shackles Poster Map Folio (June 2012)

PLAYER COMPANION
Faiths of Corruption (Oct 2011)
Dragon Empires Primer (Dec 2011)
Pirates of the Inner Sea (Feb 2012)

I'm really looking forward to Distant Worlds; as a member of the Spelljammer fanboi club, a book about the solar system around Golarion is enough to make me keep my Campaign subscription current until then, at least. :) (The Giants and Mythological Monsters book look good to me, too, along with the RPG crunch books.)

Remove ads