General movie discussion

7fb3126aa4d50931fa48a935959b0a8a.jpg

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Went and saw Everything Everywhere All at Once this past Saturday night. It was excellent. Great absurdist sci-fi kung fu parallel reality sci-fi family drama with heart. Michelle Yeoh remains everything I could ask for. Stephanie Hsu and Ke Huy Quan were outstanding. The rest of the supporting cast were great too. Jamie Lee Curtis really taking it over the top, and James Hong always wonderful to see.

Retreater

Legend
The last full length movie I watched was Ghostbusters Afterlife (and that was in theaters). Prior to that was Wonder Woman 84 (on HBO Max) - which I was going to turn off but ended up finishing it because my wife was having fun laughing at it.
I did watch Love & Mercy (the biopic about the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson). His story really connected to me, so I'm glad I watched it.
So I've probably watched three feature films in the past two years.
I just don't have the motivation or attention anymore to watch movies like I used to. (And I used to be a film librarian, so that's saying something.)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
So, for those of you who didn't get to see The Batman in the theaters, here is your reminder that it launches on HBO Max ....

TODAY! That's right, it's streaming today.
Nice! Gonna rock my 65" sammy and Sonos set up to that bad boy! Who needs the theater?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Nice! Gonna rock my 65" sammy and Sonos set up to that bad boy! Who needs the theater?

Well, I agree.

....which is a problem for the theaters....

(Now, the exception to this is "the youths." In my area, it's still a place to hang out, go on dates, etc.)

Remove ads