General movie discussion

Mad_Jack

Legend
Do they still sell Jujubes? Those things make dentists cry.

Hard to find in regular stores (aside from places that sell strictly candy), but you can get them online at a few places. CandyFavorites.com usually has a good selection of the old classics. If there's a Party City store in your area they've usually got a couple aisles full of candy as well.
I always preferred Dots myself.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Do they still sell Jujubes? Those things make dentists cry.

Hard to find in regular stores (aside from places that sell strictly candy), but you can get them online at a few places. CandyFavorites.com usually has a good selection of the old classics.
I always preferred Dots myself.

Jujubes?

Dots?

What is wrong with you two? Everyone knows that there is only one* candy appropriate for inflicting maximum punishment. The candy equivalent of self-flagellation and a hairshirt.

Good.

Ampersand.

Plenty.

*Assuming you don't have access to sweet, sweet Necco wafers.

Mad_Jack

Legend
What is wrong with you two? Everyone knows that there is only one* candy appropriate for inflicting maximum punishment. The candy equivalent of self-flagellation and a hairshirt.

For candy punishment, try these... Claey's Oldfashioned Candies Horehound flavor

1650397694894.png

These things are nasty, lol. It's the candy equivalent of drinking Moxie.

Fun Fact: Not only have Necco Wafers been made with exactly the same recipe since back during the American Civil War, but some of those original wafers are still on store shelves. :)

Snarf Zagyg

These things are nasty, lol. It's the candy equivalent of drinking Moxie.

So .... PURE DELICIOUSNESS!

Three out of Four Mainers Prefer Moxie. And the other guy isn't even wearing hunter's orange.

As for something worse?

10882343_817751011620170_7005815751575608626_n.jpg

I have become Musk Lifesavers, Destroyer of WORLDS!

Snarf Zagyg

Rasinettes or Goobers?

Goobers.

C'mon, now. Any candy with raisins is like a puppy dog getting kicked. Raisins are the bards of the candy world. They are the lies that parents tell you.

Every raisin that you see in a Raisinette is simply a raisin that escaped their proper fate as the "good" part of a fruitcake. I mean ... just think about it. What the one thing you can add to BRAN to make the bran the best part of a breakfast cereal?

That's right. Raisins.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Oh, don't think we can't see what you are doing there, Mad Jack. You don't get to straddle the fence.

That's right. "Red Licorice." What, you want us to believe you go to some hoity-toity theater that has little bags of precious Australian-style licorice?

No. This is 'Murika. There are two kinds of red licorice. There are Twizzlers. And there are plastic garbage trash straws Red Vines. Choose a side, or stay in the middle and get run over.

Licorice is not a theatre staple in Australia. The classics are Maltesers

1650412348595.png

and Jaffas.

1650412425228.png

When it comes to throwing lollies Jaffas are hands down the winner; hard and aerodynamic.

Remove ads