General movie discussion

My general 'tude towards prequels. I have not read the book but I usually avoid prequels if possible. 1/10 is usually worth my time.
Yeah, my mind isn't fully awake yet or i would have recalled that it's your general attitude. The book is decent IMO and unlike Star Wars we don't have any lines of dialogue that can get contradicted.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah, my mind isn't fully awake yet or i would have recalled that it's your general attitude. The book is decent IMO and unlike Star Wars we don't have any lines of dialogue that can get contradicted.
How are the Hunger Games books in general? I see a movie or two and it was ok. I will look into books that are recommended (and prequels rarely are).

delericho

Legend
We went to see the third "Fantastic Beasts" film last week. It was okay - better than the second, not as good as the first, probably skippable. If I'm honest, I think I enjoyed the "Paw Patrol" movie (the last film I saw in the cinema) more - though that was a vicarious enjoyment because it was my daughter's first visit to the cinema since she stopped being a baby.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I actually have this on a list to watch....someday, maybe.
If you like goofy and risque parody humor, I recommend it. It is definitely NSFW and some bits would probably not be done today. Familiarity with Enter the Dragon and 1970s pop culture would also help enhance the experience.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Some of my friends were going to see Everything Everywhere All at Once last night, and I guess some theaters are bumping it this weekend in favor of Multiverse of Madness, so I went and saw EEAaO again. Totally worth it. Yes, there are at least a few clues and visual jokes I missed the first time.

Remove ads