• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #15

Shalimar

First Post
"Thats the problem with being the bad guys, your so used to lying that you never believe the truth. Your like the bad guys in the old cartoons, so convinced everyone is like you that when the hero tells you to duck you say your not falling for it and get smacked in the back of the head, or run off a cliff. The problem is that this cliff isn't just going to take you, its going to take all life, baseline and Elite." Kelly retorts frustrated, doing her best to help Jun Min get comfortable.

"My cause is everyone, not the people in the Just Us League. Knowing that I told the truth on principle before, don't you think its just the teensiest bit possible I'm telling the truth now? If your wrong the universe ending isn't the type of thing you can say 'my bad' to. If it helps we're pretty sure the imbalance is one of Overseer's Henchmen Red Witch Killing the other henchman to absorb his powers and become omnipotent. Come on Cardinal, you know about the Eternal's, you know whats going on, you know they can and would do this." the popstar says earnestly.

"If all you want to do is talk to Cassie you wouldn't have attacked, and I can't just turn her over to you, she's my friend, and we'll probably need her to stop Red Witch since she helped defeat her before. Call off your people and we can just all talk if thats all you want to do."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"My cause is everyone, not the people in the Just Us League. Knowing that I told the truth on principle before, don't you think its just the teensiest bit possible I'm telling the truth now? If your wrong the universe ending isn't the type of thing you can say 'my bad' to. If it helps we're pretty sure the imbalance is one of Overseer's Henchmen Red Witch Killing the other henchman to absorb his powers and become omnipotent. Come on Cardinal, you know about the Eternal's, you know whats going on, you know they can and would do this." the popstar says earnestly.
Cardinal replies cautiously, “I know about the Eternals… and this isn’t just a war against Overseer, this is a war to tear down those self righteous preening beings. You think that these beings care about what you do to fix the balance; this is all just a game to them. No one will save us but ourselves. The only way to save ourselves is to commit a little deicide; and by a little I mean total eradication.”
Shalimar said:
"If all you want to do is talk to Cassie you wouldn't have attacked, and I can't just turn her over to you, she's my friend, and we'll probably need her to stop Red Witch since she helped defeat her before. Call off your people and we can just all talk if thats all you want to do."
“Perceptive, I had another motive to strike at this Institute, to strike fear into the hearts of baselines. I have already seen what they will do to us. How they will hunt us, call us the bane of humanity… eradicate all my children. We have to strike first Kelly. Break mankind’s spirit, and bring them to heel. We are the saviors, they are cattle… they have their uses. Why do you think they took your mother,” Cardinal replies.

Jun Min grimaces as Kelly pulls her from the rubble, a metal pike is lodged in her upper thigh, blood is flowing from the wound. She seems to be handling it well; most likely a credit to her own mental prowess, but the loss of blood will eventually catch up to her.

Tokiwong

First Post
Cardinal

Attachments

• rw.jpg
    rw.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 58

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan sighed, looking down at Kiyana, before bending down to pick her up. "Christ, you're heavy. You think I should leave her here? I doubt where we're going will be any safer."

"It's not a matter of faith...at least I don't need to worry about pissing her off. She'll listen to logic, hopefully. And she's not going to kill me, at least. It's the best I can try under these limited circumstances." Besides, it might be educational.

Shalimar

First Post
"So at last the truth comes out...I suppouse that now is a bad time to tell you that the eternals are watching me and Legacy? They did just hear that." Kelly says, sagging, she had been holding out hope that she could somehow convince Cardinal to join forces with the UNJE to beat back Overseer, but that would never happen, not now that she knew that Cardinal was exactly the same as Overseer, seeking to enslave or kill every living thing. It wouldn't work.

"I had wanted the UNJE to join forces with you, was trying to convince them to, but its no good, your the exact same thing as Overseer, probably worse since you want to kill all the eternals and who knows the damage that'll do to the Multiverse, he'd at least be restrained in what he did." she says with a sigh, the she is moving forward in a blurring burst of speed and electricity, drawing deeply on her powers to send her electrified fist hurtling towards Metatron's chest, hoping to drop him fast enough to do...well something to Cardinal.

OOC: HP + EE to boost her power by 2 ranks. Aggressive Stance -4 Defense +2 Attack. Strike +13 (Aura 13, Penetrating 13, Slow 12, Incurable, Affects Insubstantial 2) +11 to hit, will use a HP to reroll.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
“More importantly do I know you?” the boy responds, “and why would a member of this opposite sex be embarrassed. Are you embarrassed and are you a member of this opposite sex? Oh and I think I feel the need to consume food, can you show me where I can get some food, and I guess clothes. Can I have your shirt?”

Aya shrieks at Anika, “This isn’t my fault!”

"Well, while a naked boy coming out of your room isn't all that surprising, he is a bit young, don't you think?" Anika says, a bit exasperated, still staring at the wall. Listening to the boy's response, she says, "Is this kid for real? Yeah, good idea, give him your shirt, please, Gilden."

Cassie

Cassie grimaches and shrugs. It's not my job anyway, Ryan made that clear enough. I'm to 'butt out' of his teams business. So I'll let him do it.

"Come on, we need to get moving. Discretely." She takes his hand and leads him away, trying to keep out of the sight of the larger woman and any others. Time enough to fight AFTER she has gotten her freind clear of the danger.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
"Well, while a naked boy coming out of your room isn't all that surprising, he is a bit young, don't you think?" Anika says, a bit exasperated, still staring at the wall. Listening to the boy's response, she says, "Is this kid for real? Yeah, good idea, give him your shirt, please, Gilden."
Aya glares at Anika, “I could say the same about you…”

The boy looks around, “So where are we? What is your name? You look pretty,” he walks over to Anika, “I like your hair.” The boy starts grabbing the hair, “It’s pretty… can I have it?”

Cassie

Sami nods and follows Cassie to get out of sight. The elite looks around and then finally begins lifting some of the larger bits of rubble with ease. Sami looks at Cassie, there does not seem to be any other exit besides the one the elite came in.

Kelly

Kelly rolls a 27 and hits, Metatron rolls a 32 total Toughness save, but his Toughness save versus the Aura is only a 22, he is currently stunned, bruised, and injured. Metatron gets a 33 with his Will save versus Slow.

Kelly knocks the angelic back into some rubble with a terrible ruckus… the elite is momentarily dazed from the blow, propping himself against the ruined wall. Cardinal watches dispassionately.

The unseen attack rolls a 27 attack and hits Kelly, but Kelly rolls a 31 Toughness save and is unharmed!

Kelly feels something attack her from behind, perhaps like a blade… but she is currently unharmed. She cannot see what attacked her.

Initiative: Cardinal 38, Kelly 34, Unseen 23, Metatron 7.

Cardinal’s eyes glow a malicious purple and a beam of concentrated lances out at Kelly, hitting her square in the chest, melting her clothes, and flesh underneath, ripping through her body… her shield absorbed some of the blast, but the damage is done…

Cardinal rolls a 32 attack, Kelly makes a Fortitude save versus Disintegration, she rolls a 26 and her Toughness is reduced by 1. She rolls a 29 Toughness save and is Bruised and Injured.

“Submit Kelly, do not throw your life away like this,” Cardinal commands, “I will not give you a second chance.”

Ryan

Kiyana is breathing, but its strained… she is no condition to talk let alone be coherent. Bishop nods and busts the door open, “You are just as crazy as she is…”

Somehow Ryan can feel her… she is close by… real close.

Aenion

First Post
"What's going on?" Karen asks when she finds the others in the hall, but she quickly spots the cause of all the commotion, "Oh my god," she gasps, covering her mouth in surprise as her ruby cheeks turn a bit deeper red, but her eyes are twinkling with mirth, "He seems to like you Anika," she takes the sheet from Gilden, "Stand still for a second," she tells the weird kid as she tries to wrap the sheet around him, "You can wear this until we found you some clothes."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"What's going on?" Karen asks when she finds the others in the hall, but she quickly spots the cause of all the commotion, "Oh my god," she gasps, covering her mouth in surprise as her ruby cheeks turn a bit deeper red, but her eyes are twinkling with mirth, "He seems to like you Anika," she takes the sheet from Gilden, "Stand still for a second," she tells the weird kid as she tries to wrap the sheet around him, "You can wear this until we found you some clothes."
"Hi, why do you look wierd?" the boy says.

Remove ads