• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy (Issue #4)

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
James nods and hearing no other objections he looks to a near by building to see if he can get a good fix on a roof that over looks the Meta-Ghost Tower. Again he concentrates and teleports to the one he can best see. After the moment of dizziness wears off he will try and see down into or across at the complex.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
The Stealth Team

James and the rest of the team reappears atop a low-lying building, about 12 stories in height, the top is pretty bare, as pigeons scatter from the team's sudden appearance. From thier vantage point, they can see the whole of the garden, at lkeast from what can be seen as the entrance. It is lush with several plants, trees, and pathways, making it idyllic, and several people traverse its walkways, as they settle for lunch, or make their way to the building proper.

Security, at least physical seems light, with a patrol of two soldiers through the grounds, they travel by foot, and are armed, though their weapons are kept holstered... then for a moment, everything freezes for a moment, like a glitch, and then things continue as normal, it was momentary...

The Rest of the Team...

The drive is slow-going the traffic, is pretty thick, but the young man driving, who goes by the name of Rick, seems enamored with talking, and spouting all kinds of little tidbits about elites, role playing, and the fact that he finds both Anika and Cassie to be very beautiful young girls.

In mid-sentence, he freezes, the rest of the construct freezes as well, and then picks up about a 12 seconds later, as if nothing had happened. But for a moment, everything was frozen, even objects in midair...

Outside the Black Room

Tommy blinked as he looked over the monitors, "Uhh that was wierd, everything froze, almost looked like a crash, but I can't isolate what the problem was..."

Mr. McCallister stroked his chin in thought, "Is everything alright?"

Tommy nodded, "Yeah, everything is fine, systems operating normally, I guess it was justa glitch, thought I had all the kinks worked out, sir."

Jun Min sighed, "I don't like the sound of that, maybe we should kill the simulation?"

Tommy looked over his shoulder we have total control, nothing bad can happen, I got it all under control."

Mr. McCallister, "Continue with the construct, but if things get worse, we pull the plug."

Back in the Construct, the Stealth Team...

"So planning on sneaking in?" the voice was child-like, and a boy with light blue skin, and wild white hair floated behind the trio, he smiled as they turned to him. His clothing was strange, he wore a loose fitting, almost archaic outfit consisting of a motely of colors. he cocked his head as the group looked at him quizzically, "Hi, my name is Chaos, what is yours?"

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
James looks at the courtyard and prepares to teleport up higher to maybe get a view of the Meta-Ghost roof when he hears the voice behind him "Ah... don't do that!" he looks back at the stranger. "Ah can we help you sir? We have some important stuff to take care of here... so well ah" James is a bit confused and looks at the other 3 to see what they might say. He assumes this must be some test added into the program...

Tokiwong

First Post
Sen Udo-Mal said:
James looks at the courtyard and prepares to teleport up higher to maybe get a view of the Meta-Ghost roof when he hears the voice behind him "Ah... don't do that!" he looks back at the stranger. "Ah can we help you sir? We have some important stuff to take care of here... so well ah" James is a bit confused and looks at the other 3 to see what they might say. He assumes this must be some test added into the program...

The boy grins, floating forward till he is right in front of James, "You must be James, you got that whole I can go poof, and reappear here and there thing. I guess that is sort of interesting..."

Hammerhead

Explorer
That was really wierd. I hope everything's under control. You know, it would be just my luck that little brat Tommy hacked the systems and now we're going to be killed.

Ryan signs the car, pretending nothing has happened. "So, uh, Rick, you're kind of into this roleplaying stuff, I see." I remember nerds like him back at my old high school. "You seem pretty knowledgeable about elites and stuff. Know anything about the elites that may be guarding this building?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan speaks quieting into his communicator, whispering. "This is Alpha One. Alpha Team en-route towards target. Status report. Did something wierd just happen to you guys? Time sort-of freezed for a couple seconds. How're things on your end?"

Aust Meliamne

First Post
John looks worried about the "glitch". I hope everything is ok. he thinks to himself.

John smiles at Rick, signing the book when it's passed to him. He looks out the window as they drive on, trying to read the surface thoughts of Rick, not really sure if his telepathy will work in this computer generated simulation.

OOC: Telepathy +8 DC: read surface thoughts 0, read deeper thoughts 5.

Tokiwong

First Post
Inside the Car...

Rick glances to Ryan, "Elites in the building, dude, you mean, you guys are going to go smash up somekind of Pantheon terrorists, awesome, I am so glad I brought my digital camera with me... dude this is going to be slamming when I put it on my website... dude!"

John tries to read the mind of the Rick, but does not pick up anything, but he does sense a powerful psychic force, that seems to permeate the data stream now... and makes contact with it inadvertantly... "Hmm... you must be John... the mentalist, hi, my name is Chaos, welcome to my little game, I thought it was a little dull, so I decided to make a few adjustments..."

OOC:John rolled a total Telepathy check of 25, easily making contact with the entity.

Last edited:

Cassie

Cassie glaces over at the figure. "Ah.. I think we see who is responsible for the secod or two of lag." frowns. "So, I'm to quess that you are some sort of computer intruder? I think you should know then that this is a classified system and no doubt you're libable to be prosecuted.. please exit the system now."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Cassie

Cassie glaces over at the figure. "Ah.. I think we see who is responsible for the secod or two of lag." frowns. "So, I'm to quess that you are some sort of computer intruder? I think you should know then that this is a classified system and no doubt you're libable to be prosecuted.. please exit the system now."

"You are stupid Cassie, you think I care about classified systems? For someone from the future you seem to be a little slow, on the uptake," Chaos relplies to Cassie, stillfloating in the air, "Besides for the time being, this is my system."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads