Generic Miniature Painting Thread

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Last Female Character models... And preview of the last set to complete my Bones 1-3. With the delay in shipping Bones 5, I might just finish "on time" :)
IMG_4728.JPG
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
"Dragons don't Share" Last of my Bones 1-3.* Bones 5 shipping soon, so I feel like I'm in a good place :) Looking back at my first Bones thread, I almost can't believe the time that has passed...

IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG
IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4745.JPG
IMG_4746.JPG
IMG_4747.JPG
IMG_4748.JPG
IMG_4749.JPG
IMG_4750.JPG
IMG_4751.JPG
IMG_4753.JPG

*Not counting some contemporary/future models that I haven't painted, since I haven't typically played outside the D&D realms :)

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
So... I backed the Hand of Glory kickstarter a while back. A very cool concept - metal minis with magnetic wrists, and a slew of weapons, gear, etc. to attach to them. Painted the first two minis and a few weapons as a test run. The characters themselves are "heroic scale", 30-35mm -- so a little bigger than most of my Bones characters (recent Bones mini for comparison). Also, the detail level is not great. The variety of "hands" that can be attached are numerous. The over-all usage is a little clunky. Nice idea, especially if these were my only minis. But not a super addition to a vast collection. Debating on whether to paint to remaining 7 minis and hundreds of weps, etc.
IMG_4804.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG
IMG_4806.JPG

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
First up, something I've been dreading -- Clear Bones. I have started and stopped these a couple times... my washes never seem to work out. So, I settled on a combination of washes and light dry brushes (on most). (About the only thing harder is trying to take pictures of them :) )
Lich.JPG

This is a, well I call it Disco Lich now, from Wizkids I think, and it has a clear part for the magic effect. I used Tamiya clear yellow, orange, and red for the magic effect and it worked out fairly well. If you can find a translucent paint of some kind to use it might help with those clear effects.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases