Generic Miniature Painting Thread

MGibster

Legend
uuu
Bones 5 is shipping now, just in time... I need more things to paint (like I need a hole in my head :) )
Let me know if the new Bones is made of different plastic or if they've improved the process. I gave up on Bones a while back because the details were too muddy and it was getting in the way of practicing my painting.

PIggy.JPG

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Let me know if the new Bones is made of different plastic or if they've improved the process. I gave up on Bones a while back because the details were too muddy and it was getting in the way of practicing my painting.

Even though the box says Bones & Black Bones -- looks like everything is the new Black Bones material (except maybe Translucent models).. so more rigid. The actual detail level looks about the same.
IMG_4903.JPG

MGibster

Legend
Even though the box says Bones & Black Bones -- looks like everything is the new Black Bones material (except maybe Translucent models).. so more rigid. The actual detail level looks about the same.
I have at least one Bones Black model, I think I posted it earlier in the thread, and I liked it better than whatever plastic the regular Bones line used. I think where the Bones line really shines is in their larger miniatures and from Bones 5 it looks like they've really stepped up their game. I'm looking forward to the day when some of those models are available to the rest of us.

This little guy is a Reaper Bones model I painted a few years back. It was my first attempt at underpainting and while the results where mixed I was happy with the experiment.

Pre-Varnish.JPG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases