• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Genius Guide to the Magus

Dark Mistress

First Post
This product is 10 pages long with 1 page for OGL.

d6, 4 skills, low BaB, very few weapons and light armor. They can wear light armor and cast all spells with no failure chance. The Magus cast spells like a Sorc, they learn a certain number of spells. First they choose a primary spell list Cleric, Druid or Sorc/Wiz list. At least half of their spells known must be part of that list, the rest can be from any spell list.

1 page with 5 new feats and 1 page with advice on how to use a Magus in your world.

Closing thoughts, if you like combined divine/arcane casters then i think you will like this. This is one of the better and likely best balanced one I have seen. My one big worry is that it in a way kinda replaces the Sorcerer. Since one of the class options allows the Magus to get a Sorc Bloodline with most but not all the benefits of the bloodline. I would need to see it in play to be sure but after a read it is a minor worry, I don't think it would. For the price it is a good buy for those looking for a divine/arcane caster or something new and different.

Remove ads