Getting the most out of Summon Nature's Ally

Christian

Explorer
geosapient said:
Do Druids even gain accass to Magic Circle otherwise?
Nope. Clerics, Paladins, and Wizards. Druid's don't even get Protection from Evil etc ... The usefulness is obviously lower with the reduced duration, but I expect it'll still come in handy. If our barbarian and our archer can't take out whoever's dominated them within seven rounds, something's gone horribly, horribly wrong. :)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Christian said:
Nope. Clerics, Paladins, and Wizards. Druid's don't even get Protection from Evil etc ... The usefulness is obviously lower with the reduced duration, but I expect it'll still come in handy. If our barbarian and our archer can't take out whoever's dominated them within seven rounds, something's gone horribly, horribly wrong. :)
Heh. The better use of those seven rounds, of course, is to say, "DUDE YOU'RE DOMINATED WE HAVE TO TIE YOU UP RIGHT NOW!"

Still, with 70 minutes of protection, you can have your buddy keep helping you out in fights while you look for a cure to the condition (e.g., killing the dominator). With seven rounds, that's a lot riskier.

Daniel

krull

First Post
Just last night while fighting a bugbear my wife (1st lvl/druid) summoned a wolf into flanking position with the groups fighter the wolf and fighter, thanks to the +2 managed to hit, then took a 5' step allowing the rouge to 5' step into flanking with the wolf and hit. all three hits plus the sneak atk. It was really entertained seeing my wife (this was her fist ever game) show such a natural talent for tactics.
She saved the day because the bugbear almost killed the fighter with a critical hit in the round before.

Remove ads