Getting The Word Out There

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I think that having the site contain all of the essential information (date, time, place) would be good... but I'm keen to keep the planning over here at ENW.

I concur. Fragmenting the community would be bad. Hopefully the gameday encourages people to be more active on ENWorld.

Do we have any locals that are good with the artistic end of things? If not, maybe Deb from DogSoul Publishing would be willing to do some work in exchange for some publicity...

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I concur. Fragmenting the community would be bad. Hopefully the gameday encourages people to be more active on ENWorld.
Fragmentation is definitely bad. Keeping a regional organizing principle on ENWorld is certainly the way to go, so long as there's a place here to continue to do it.

I can only speak for myself when I say that in the past I've only come here primarily to reach out to local gamers since I am not a huge d20/OGL/D&D fan, and whether it's deserved or not, ENWorld does have the reputation of catering primarily to that group. I am happy that I am finding otherwise, however, so I'll certainly be around more than I was before. :D

But yeah, it would be good to have a static site to keep announcements running -- some file storage would be good too, for flyers, game prep PDFs, other stuff as needed.

--tom

The_Universe

First Post
madwabbit said:
Fragmentation is definitely bad. Keeping a regional organizing principle on ENWorld is certainly the way to go, so long as there's a place here to continue to do it.

I can only speak for myself when I say that in the past I've only come here primarily to reach out to local gamers since I am not a huge d20/OGL/D&D fan, and whether it's deserved or not, ENWorld does have the reputation of catering primarily to that group. I am happy that I am finding otherwise, however, so I'll certainly be around more than I was before. :D

But yeah, it would be good to have a static site to keep announcements running -- some file storage would be good too, for flyers, game prep PDFs, other stuff as needed.

--tom
Definitely. We'll see about making a site that can serve as a portal to the permanent planning forum here. :)

Remove ads