Getting The Word Out There

How are we going to make sure that people KNOW about the DC gameday? Who is willing to take posters to their local FLGS? Is anyone at all connected with any local gaming clubs? University gaming clubs?

I'll be sending out an email to the American University Gaming Club tonight or tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:

madwabbit

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
How are we going to make sure that people KNOW about the DC gameday? Who is willing to take posters to their local FLGS? Is anyone at all connected with any local gaming clubs? University gaming clubs?

I'll be sending out an email to the American University Gaming Club tonight or tomorrow...
I'll certainly get the word out to my local folks (a baker's dozen, including me), and I'm willing to get flyers out to The Game Parlors (both in Virginia, Chantilly and Woodbridge).

That's probably just scratching the surface of who we can touch though... what's the upper limit on attendance/table space?

--tom

Last edited:

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Did you say 7 tabels, Rodrigo?

I think probably six would be the effective max. Hard to tell for sure without setting everything out. The room is long and rectangular, but a little on the narrow side, and the left hand side (as you enter) has pillars as I recall that might make squeezing tables in difficult.

The other issue was chairs -- there were 30+ available, and I've got 4 foldups I could bring, and probably another couple I could borrow.

madwabbit said:
Cool, if you need help, let me know.

Standard card/bingo tables, I assume?

--tom

I think it was a mix of long skinny cafeteria style tables (two side by side would work really well) and some square and round ones. There were six or 8 set up when I got a peek into the room, and several more folded up and stacked in the back.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I think it was a mix of long skinny cafeteria style tables (two side by side would work really well) and some square and round ones. There were six or 8 set up when I got a peek into the room, and several more folded up and stacked in the back.
Yeah, cool. Down south where I come from, we call those "bingo" or "church dinner" tables, because of their mass profusion and use in churches for... well, bingo and church events. Typically 3' or so by 5', 6' or even 8', and yeah, two abutted together are an excellent gaming surface.

--tom

The_Universe

First Post
madwabbit said:
Yeah, cool. Down south where I come from, we call those "bingo" or "church dinner" tables, because of their mass profusion and use in churches for... well, bingo and church events. Typically 3' or so by 5', 6' or even 8', and yeah, two abutted together are an excellent gaming surface.

--tom
In the current venue, if 6 tables is the max, we're talking about a maximum attendance of only 42 people, assuming each table has 1 GM and 6 players. Is that realistic?

Regardless, it seems readily apparent that we could outgrow the current venue VERY quickly.

Remove ads