• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ghelspad

WotC must have been reading my mind and I've been looking around for a new campaign setting for the last little while. The Forgotten Realms is well-developed (over developed, some would say). My Greyhawk days are over - those were the glory days of the mid to late eighties, so I'll leave that time capsule in its place. I love Birthright but there seems to be a precious few of us who keep that torch alive.

A game store here in Toronto was selling the Ghelspad book for $30 CDN so I decided to pick it up. WOW. In some respects it does remind me of Greyhawk but it's ummm... different. Is anyone using SSS Campaign Setting: Ghelspad? Or are you all just mining this wonderful book for ideas to inject into your own homebrew games?

Comments? Flaming Arrows? Share your experiences!

shouit

Explorer
I currently run a campaign in it. It is my official world. I know that PirateCat also has a story hour in the world for one of his groups and that Nightfall is the harbringer or harold of the settings. He has his own message boards at mortality.net, which you should check out..

Setanta

First Post
I recently picked this up, too, and I've been nothing but impressed. This is exactly what I want in a campaign setting. It seems like every section I read inspires multiple campaign ideas, and I can't ask for more than that.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Some one call? :) I have to admit, many of us SL fans were a little skeptical about this book. In terms of "Would it live up to the hype?" Believe me, after reading and rereading this book, it DOES. While those looking for CRUNCH might be a tad dissappointed, I wasn't when it came to the DOTENT! The material given here, stellar! The way they've combined many of the various sources into a cohesive form, is nothing short of miraclous. While it's not as "Here have some feats, spells and Pr-classes" (Though I do think the Pr-classes ROCK! :) ), like the FRCS, unlike the FRCS, we get HISTORY, we get disuccsions on the policial scenes. Best of all, we get discussion on law and order in a city. We don't have to get suppliments for Burok Torn, Mithril and Hollowfaust, to know how they treat offenders, BUT I still want them! :) In any case the SLCS, truly is a great d20 product. It may not have character creation rules, but then again, I think that's something of the Dm's job anyway.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
One more thing to add, I'm glad they included the rules for the invocations. That, I think, will help with those looking for ways to make both the Scarred Lands/Ghelspad and their own campaigns a little more...realistic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads