D&D 5E Ghost of saltmarsh, share your lessons learned/best practices

Sacrosanct

Legend
As the title says. For those who have run it already, any things I need to keep a sharp eye out for? Inconsistencies in the adventure? Or are there best practices you've used to help run it smoothly?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
You might find a few tips on the "Enhancing" thread, though it's pretty short at the moment:

GlassJaw

Hero
You might find a few tips on the "Enhancing" thread, though it's pretty short at the moment:

I've been meaning to post in there. I haven't run it but I have some ideas I've been working on for a possible campaign. I really like Saltmarsh as a home base. There is so much you can add to it.

While the lizardfolk-sahuagin conflict is interesting, Danger at Dunwater and Final Enemy really miss the mark as "modules". If you need fully stocked lairs, something has gone horribly wrong.

Shiroiken

Legend
It requires a lot of extra DM work, as like TftYP, it's not a plug and play Adventure Path. Another issue is the strange variation on wealth for the adventure levels. For example, there's a suit of Plate armor if the party is willing to dispose of the Rot Grub infested corpse within. Since it belongs to the Knights of the Watch, I instead offered them a reward if they returned it (otherwise they'll run into trouble for wearing it, as they're not knights). Conversely, there are gold objects that have a value less than the weight of the gold itself.

Remove ads