Ghosts of Saltmarsh spoiler location

jasper

Rotten DM
Did I skip it in the Tammeraut's Fate location? I see no mention of in any treasure listing but it mention as a solution ?

jasper

Rotten DM
Sorry edit out the spoiler in the heading and post.
Sovereign Glue is mentioned as a solution to the rift on page 160. But I must have skipped the location of it in the hermitage.

Elfcrusher

Adventurer
I don't have the book on me. Maybe it's mentioned as a solution just in case the players have access to it. Doesn't necessarily mean it's provided in the book.

I didn't take Ghosts of Saltmarsh to be a structured campaign in the way some of the adventure paths are. Rather it's a collection of adventures of varying levels that are unified by location and theme. The existence of assorted adventure hooks and ideas in the book supports this.

jasper

Rotten DM
I don't have the book on me. Maybe it's mentioned as a solution just in case the players have access to it. Doesn't necessarily mean it's provided in the book.

I didn't take Ghosts of Saltmarsh to be a structured campaign in the way some of the adventure paths are. Rather it's a collection of adventures of varying levels that are unified by location and theme. The existence of assorted adventure hooks and ideas in the book supports this.
No, the paragraph on 160 mentions it directly. "one easy solution...." "...glue from the hermitage...."

vincegetorix

Jewel of the North
It seems to be missing indeed, the only appearance of the ''glue'' word is from the solution to the demonic rift.

Same thing with the random encounters at sea: on a 19 you spot the ship named Salted Glade, but I cant find any other reference to the ship. All other ships that may appear on this table are described on the same page as the table.

There is also an inconsistency in the appearance of skum. The original Styles illustration features skum from earlier editions, who look like fish-men (very similar to kua-toa). The description in the GoS appendix has an illustration for much more aboleth-like skum, which is more interesting and less like other monsters. However, the text in The Styles refers to the tracks of "webbed feet", like the old skum. The new skum presented in the appendix have no feet, webbed or otherwise.

jasper

Rotten DM
I don't think I used skum from earlier editions. But I think the art in the description is the full blown skum. And in Styles the monsters are humans who are morphing into skum. Boy did they get the lame power rangers ring.

The adventure uses original artwork, and the text in the adventure matches that. It's the Appendix illustration which is completely different from both.

In the end, I actually used some google-searched illustrations of Deep Ones, which are creepier than either.

jasper

Rotten DM
In the original adventure in Dungeon 106, the sovereign glue (3 ounces) is amongst the treasure in area 22 "abandoned quarters"
One of the AL moderator replied to my thread in the DM AL Discussion FB page about this. She was looking into it but said just place it wherever. I posted back your info.

Did I skip it in the Tammeraut's Fate location? I see no mention of in any treasure listing but it mention as a solution ?
It was in the original version of the adventure published in Dungeon Magazine in 2004, as part of the treasure in area 22 (along with the oil of slipperiness, which is useful during the attack). This is just one of several changes from the original versions to the 5E Ghosts product where something was omitted or was cut from one area but not from another. Sloppy editing, I'm afraid.

(EDIT oops, sorry, now I see HalfOrc HalfBiscuit also noted this)

Advertisement