• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ghostwalk countries map (sketch) posted!

seankreynolds

Adventurer
At this time of year (right before Gen Con, as well as the extra work due to the upcoming D&D 3.5 release) the WotC web team tends to get swamped, so they have graciously given me permission to post a sketch of the <i>Ghostwalk</i> Countries Map (the map missing from the printed book), which shows the locations of the nearby countries and geographical features. This sketch is based on my original draft map that I turned over when I finished the book. When the final version of the map is posted on the WotC site, I will take the sketch map down and put up a link to it from my Ghostwalk page. So for those who have been wondering where Bazareene, Salkiria, Tereppek, and Thurkasia are, take a look!

http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/ghostwalk/country_map_sketch.jpg

Tsyr

Explorer
Out of curiosity, if I missed it, why was this not in the main book? The lack of a country map was my only huge gripe with the book, which I otherwise loved.

seankreynolds

Adventurer
When Monte & I finished the book in 2001, it was supposed to have a poster map. When WotC decided to revive it after canceling it, they chose to take the maps from the poster map (mainly the city itself) and make them interior maps. Somehow there was a mixup and the country map (which was going to be on the poster map) got dropped or lost and nobody realized it until the book came out. So they're going to post it on the WotC site, but because of Gen Con and 3.5 scheduling issues it's not able to go up right away, so I got their permission to post the sketch on my site until the final was available.

Daredevill

First Post
Thanks Sean!

I just started a Ghostwalk campaign this past weekend. Today I was going to sit down and sketch out my own map so the players would have some thing to look at next week.

Awesome, now I can focus on building the story instead.

BTW Sean, you and Monte did a great job and I'm glad the book made it to print.

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads