• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gladiator Combat

Ezieer

First Post
For those interested in a Gladiator match.

List all the upcoming Saturday Game(s) you would like to game.

A: Sept 25th 4pm-6pm EST
D: Oct 2th 4pm-6pm EST

Also note if you would be playing an existing or new character and describe the chars general combat prowess/stats.

Last edited:

Carman

First Post
Gladiator sounds fun!

Quick question first - I assume if they die in gladiator combat - that doesn't kill them in real game lol??

If so I have a couple of characters I could use - one is a third level Barbarian1/ Rogue2 - and the second is a 4th level Rouge2/Fighter1/Sorcerer1.

Both are quite normally focused more on dex than strength - but both have a bit of Melee in em. If those would work great - if not I could create a character at the appropriate level.

thanks - you can post answers or email - carman at dicemage dot com

Ezieer

First Post
Emiricol said:
PCs involved in campaigns shouldn't do arena fights. If you die in the arena, you die! However, you can have an arena-specific PC. Check out the details at:

http://www.the13kingdoms.org/arena/

Correction: Only confident or bored players should have their PC's do arena fights! You can play em.. but as Emiricol says... death is very common reality. Basically you are mostly evenly matched to your foe.. its the luck of the die, tactics and char type that will decide who lives and who dies.

Carman

First Post
Okay - looks a little comlicated - but also fun :)

I'm in for the saturday 4-6pm est slot if you'll have me

so the big question - rules for creating a character?
create at first level? or is that an option?
and if higher levels - any gold to spend on weapons and armour?
(sorry didn't see that on the page - maybe I'm blind?)

lastly - one of my T13K characters is not in a campaign
I'd be willing to risk him for fun? That's Jorum the Rogue2, Fighter1, Sorcerer1
although he will probably be outmatched by any straight 4th level fighter?

thanks for the help and info.

Ezieer

First Post
Carman said:
so the big question - rules for creating a character?
create at first level? or is that an option?
and if higher levels - any gold to spend on weapons and armour?

lastly - one of my T13K characters is not in a campaign
I'd be willing to risk him for fun? That's Jorum the Rogue2, Fighter1, Sorcerer1

Those that sign up and can make the selection chosen will determine the level. Since you are first to throw your stats up... the game is presently slated to be set at either 1st level or 4th level... a new char or your PC Jorum's. This will be adjusted by who shows interest after you.

Note: You have selected A & D.. this is a one shot adventure/gladiator fight. Thanks for responding.

Last edited:

DMEntropy

First Post
Castus Argentus casts his lot into the arena draw. He is a physically impressive hobgoblin wearing chain shirt armor and carrying a very well made flail over his shoulder. Several scars from past combat are readily visible on his body and face. As he moves through the crowd of combatants his grace and body control are quite evident.

I prefer time slots C & F.

(( Castus is a Rogue2/Fighter1 hobgoblin wielding a MW Flail. He is a DEX/STR fighter prefering mobility and maneuver to a toe-to-toe fight. ))

Emiricol

Jorgun would like to join! He's a Human Rog1/Ftr2 with a greatsword and longbow. He usually softens a foe up with his bow then, depending on if it's a team engagement, tumbles into flank and SA to the rear, or just engages and tries to Trip his foes.

I can do any of the slots, but later in the days are better. I will work around other people's schedules :)

Arkhandus

First Post
I'd love to play in some gladiator matches, Ezieer! I'm available during the A & D slots, but I run a D&D campaign online Saturday evenings that would prevent me from playing in the later timeslots. Corvus Thoracius is long since dead and retired, but my second gladiator Seruleus has yet to see an actual arena combat in-play. Seruleus is a neutral dark elf monk1/sorcerer2 focused on melee accuracy and using touch spells to empower his gauntleted fist. He relies on defensive spells to bolster his AC, and is relatively frail otherwise, aside from his fairly-good saving throws. He's flashy and boastful, but really just a juvenile dark elf orphan who got captured by slavers on his first excursion into the world outside his monastery. I've posted with him once or twice in the arena's RP thread, under The South, titled something like 'The Yard in Doluhre, capitol of Ulruz'. Charsheet will be e-mailed to ya.

Em, I thought you were playing Tralin or something? I know Sly's/Evandariel's gladiator was Jorgund the half-ogre....

Carman, gladiator PCs usually aren't normal campaign PCs, many are slaves or criminals sent to Ulruz's arenas, particularly the main arena in Doluhre. However, some gladiators are freemen who just come to earn fame and fortune in the arena, signing a contract for some number of fights, so normal campaign PCs could fight in the arena. Death is certainly somewhat more common in the arena than normal play, but it doesn't happen too often (you can expect your gladiator PC to survive a few fights usually, maybe a lot of fights if they're tough like Ungh and Jorgund, but gladiators can always pay to have themselves Raised or Resurrected in the event of their demise). FYI.

Carman

First Post
having hard drive problems! But I'll do my best to be up and running for tomorrow if you have matches planned. (I'm posting this off my pda LOL). Buying a new hard drive today - and with a little luck and some help from Noeton ghost - I'll be up and running for tomorrow. P.S. is the mage armour spell aloud - tobolster AC in arena matches?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads