D&D 5E Gladiator: Round 2 (Shayuri vs River Song)

Shayuri

First Post
Colden slaps at Alpha again, but in his rage he is flailing at her, and she is able to sidestep the blow. However, he is a warrior through and through, and lashes out with his rapier! As he drives his sword in, he feels the shriek of feedback in his brain. He's ready for it this time...and his rapier sinks into Alpha's body.

He hears a cold voice in his mind. So this is pain.

And just like that, he FEELS the pain, as if his sword was in his own body! More even, worse, the chemical howls of the tiny animals that make up his flesh, the gush of vital fluids...the wound is not simply hurting in his mind, but is being dissected! Every sensation catalogued and analyzed. Continually re-examined, re-lived...and he is dragged through it over and over, experiencing it anew each time!

And then it ends, at last.

Her yellow eyes are still on him, and red stains through the armor she so awkwardly wears, and pools on the floor under her.

With visible effort, she gets back to her feet.

And then the talons are back, striking at whatever's left of his mind.

(Psychic Backlash again! However, even with disadvantage (the lesser of your two rolls is 14), you manage to hit her! This means you take [roll0] psychic damage from the backlash. This uses the last of her psi points. She then Mind Thrusts again; Int save DC 13 or take [roll1] damage!)

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
The Game Master called the fight as Colden fell to the ground, no longer moving. The crowd was very entertained, this time. Obviously, this girl had some power to her. The Game Master wished it was a little more flashy, but this built the mystery, and mystery could be just as much of a crowd pleaser.

After the fight, the Game Master found Alpha outside of the ring.

"This is yours," he said, holding out the pouch of gold. "100 gold this time. Quite a purse. You have won the second tier. That is as high as it gets in this town. If you want to advance, you will have to come with me to Big Town, a hundred miles north. I will provide a wagon for transportation, along with the other winners of this area. If you wish to progress to the Imperial City, you will need to win the Regional Games. We will leave in the morning. Spend your money how you wish."

Shayuri

First Post
Alpha accepts the bag, and sways a little on her feet. Blood is still dripping to the ground under her.

"I...require repair. I will not heal naturally before I lose too much blood to continue."

She says the words as though they were trivial facts of only passing interest.

tglassy

Adventurer
The Game Master rolled his eyes, but waved his hand over the wound. The warmth of healing magic washed over her, knitting the wounds enough to stop the blood flow, but not enough to fully heal.

"That is all I can do. We will have a healer with us on the way to Big Town. He will mend all the combatants fully before we arrive. Now away with you. Just be here by tomorrow morning."

The Game Master left the strange girl, to attend to his duties.

Remove ads